Coronavirus

23 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Can we all just agree that these kids are no elderly people living in a retirement home?  Moving on...

60+ attend shows and people like bus drivers tend to skew older. It's not just what's on the field. But 30-40 groups of 150 "kids" traveling all across the United States could help spread the virus more quickly. I'm not calling for the end of the 2020 season, but there certainly is a risk to it.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

There are always contingency plans but this is the worst case scenario. I would not be surprised if multiple events, if not, the entire season is canceled. My sons senior band trip to Walt Disney World was just cancelled tonight, just two weeks prior to the trip. The kids have been saving up for this for two years and they’re heart broken.

if DCI does have to cancel the season, I would hope they allow this years ageouts to have an additional year and March in 2021.

Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

There are always contingency plans but this is the worst case scenario. I would not be surprised if multiple events, if not, the entire season is canceled. My sons senior band trip to Walt Disney World was just cancelled tonight, just two weeks prior to the trip. The kids have been saving up for this for two years and they’re heart broken.

if DCI does have to cancel the season, I would hope they allow this years ageouts to have an additional year and March in 2021.

I've been planning a 3-week trip to Italy for almost 2 years this June.  That trip looks less likely with each passing day.  At least your son has many good years ahead of him.

I don't.

And I agree with you on giving kids an extra year if DCI overreacts and cancels the entire season.  

1 minute ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I've been planning a 3-week trip to Italy for almost 2 years this June.  That trip looks less likely with each passing day.  At least your son has many good years ahead of him.

I don't.

And I agree with you on giving kids an extra year if DCI overreacts and cancels the entire season.  

I’m so sorry. My bf and her hubby were leaving for Rome this week but rescheduled for November.  They’re both 60 somethings like me and he’s susceptible to pneumonia.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Can we all just agree that these kids are no elderly people living in a retirement home?  Moving on...

Yeah so let them catch it and spread it to their friends and families... and their friends and families... and their.....

Last count PA has 10 cases, all brought in my people who had been out of state. IOW spread by travel.. 

edit: school district next to my sister just sent out a student may have been exposed. No symptoms but child under voluntary quarantine while in incubation period. Not in a retirement home either but can still pass so warning to parents to keep an eye on their kids for a while

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 3/7/2020 at 6:04 PM, Terri Schehr said:

What would you have us do?  I’m going out for dinner tonight.  Should I stay home instead?  

Statistically, absolutely you should stay home. This disease is going to spread logarithmically and every human interaction is a potential transmission.

Obviously it is not practical for everyone just to stay home, but it is absolutely advisable not to go to gatherings of people.

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I read that Avon, Indiana has closed their schools until 3/20.  

Schools closed in Hendricks County (Avon High School , Middle Schools, and Elementary Schools)  closed until April 6th.   Nine scheduled school days and ten spring break days.  This will probably impact WGI  since Avon Guard is the defending Scholastic World   Champion.  Avon also has an A guard. Winds group and percussion group. 

Edited by dcifanforlife
Additional Information