Coronavirus

8 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Statistically, absolutely you should stay home. This disease is going to spread logarithmically and every human interaction is a potential transmission.

Obviously it is not practical for everyone just to stay home, but it is absolutely advisable not to go to gatherings of people.

Well, if it’s going to spread logarithmically, then the entire population will have had it before the end of April, and it will all be over well before the DCI season starts. End of problem. #math 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, if it’s going to spread logarithmically, then the entire population will have had it before the end of April, and it will all be over well before the DCI season starts. End of problem. #math 

I used to get headaches having to do log/log plots.

3 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I used to get headaches having to do log/log plots.     :-) 

Sorry ,double post.

Shows what even thinking about log/log does to you.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Statistically, absolutely you should stay home. This disease is going to spread logarithmically and every human interaction is a potential transmission.

Obviously it is not practical for everyone just to stay home, but it is absolutely advisable not to go to gatherings of people.

Are you in the medical industry now? I’m losing track of your area of expertise 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't think it's just their opinion. Schools saying don't come back from spring break, conferences canceling 1 after another, airlines canceling flights. etc etc

44 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I used to get headaches having to do log/log plots.

Yes but that graph paper was so cool. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

George bringing the snark. Attaboy!

• Haha 1

I wonder if anyone is thinking this through. We are in such a nanny state mentality we want “somebody” to take care of us while we hide under the covers and hope it all goes away. Ok. And so the nanny state responds.  Example - close schools. Ok. School is closed. Now what?  Where do the kids go?  Do they have to stay inside their homes?  Can they play together?  Do they need adult supervision?  Who will do that?  And - when will you reopen the school?  What criteria will you use to decide?  When no new cases exist?  What if that means school remains shuttered until the end of the school year?   Ugh. Yes it’s bad. The flu is bad. There are deaths. That’s horrible. So is the panicked reaction. How about  - Wash your hands. Stay home if you’re sick. Stay away from people if you’re sick. Avoid large crowds if you’re at risk. And if you’re at risk you know it. You know what to do. Stop panicking. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I don't think it's just their opinion. Schools saying don't come back from spring break, conferences canceling 1 after another, airlines canceling flights. etc etc

He was stating she should avoid going out of her house lol 

Only 3 cases in state of Ohio,none at  OSU .

But they canceled in person classes till March 30.

Whether you consider this an overreaction or not,things like this 

are creating disruptions in all kinds of activities.

If schools do continue to shut down and have to be cleaned and sanitized,I can't

see how this won't impact Drum Corps,including facilities for Spring Training.

Edited by rpbobcat