Coronavirus

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well they aren’t advising everyone to barricade at home. 

Did someone say they were? Here is the current CDC guidance:

"More cases of COVID-19 are likely to be identified in the United States in the coming days, including more instances of community spread. It’s likely that at some point, widespread transmission of COVID-19 in the United States will occur. Widespread transmission of COVID-19 would translate into large numbers of people needing medical care at the same time. Schools, childcare centers, and workplaces, may experience more absenteeism. Mass gatherings may be sparsely attended or postponed. Public health and healthcare systems may become overloaded, with elevated rates of hospitalizations and deaths. Other critical infrastructure, such as law enforcement, emergency medical services, and sectors of the transportation industry may also be affected. Healthcare providers and hospitals may be overwhelmed. At this time, there is no vaccine to protect against COVID-19 and no medications approved to treat it. Nonpharmaceutical interventions would be the most important response strategy."

How can anyone read that and think that it is not generally a good idea to stay home? I am not saying that people need to barricade themselves at home, but IN GENERAL, you have a much smaller chance of catching this thing in public than you do at home. That's all. I don't know why people are getting bent out of shape about this.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

But wish the people running the show would all get on the same page..... One says I’m ok to get on a plane (60+ and health not compromised) and other says it’s not OK (60+ and nothing else mentioned).

And just how many ####### testing kits are there currently? Still cranking up to meet demand or we have plenty (yet few in the cruise ship have been tested)

And in case someone thinks this is a political comment it is not meant to be. Worked 40 years Dept of Defense so very used to discussing what Uncle Sams employees say and do without even thinking of party or “wing” affiliation 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But wish the people running the show would all get on the same page..... One says I’m ok to get on a plane (60+ and health not compromised) and other says it’s not OK (60+ and nothing else mentioned).

And just how many ####### testing kits are there currently? Still cranking up to meet demand or we have plenty (yet few in the cruise ship have been tested)

I think they are doing their best to provide helpful information as the situation unfolds in real time.  And as important as it is to heed their advise in general, we are all individuals with unique circumstances and should not become so dependent on the letter of their statements that we stop applying our own best judgement to our own unique situations.  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think they are doing their best to provide helpful information as the situation unfolds in real time.  And as important as it is to heed their advise in general, we are all individuals with unique circumstances and should not become so dependent on the letter of their statements that we stop applying our own best judgement to our own unique situations.  

So which advice in general should I heed.... It’s ok for me to fly or not ok? One says yes and one says no.... hard to apply my best judgement with two polar opposites

yes I know they are trying but the lack of co-ordination is not helping and imo adding to the fear of this unknown

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

The voice of reason...very refreshing! Thank you sir.

8 minutes ago, dans said:

The voice of reason...very refreshing! Thank you sir.

So beautiful, like the most beautiful flower, in the most beautiful garden, in the most beautiful meadow. 

In the most beautiful country, on the most beautiful continent, in the most beautiful hemisphere.

On the most beautiful planet, in the most beautiful solar system, in the most beautiful galaxy. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

So beautiful, like the most beautiful flower, in the most beautiful garden, in the most beautiful meadow. 

In the most beautiful country, on the most beautiful continent, in the most beautiful hemisphere.

On the most beautiful planet, in the most beautiful solar system, in the most beautiful galaxy. 

And, apparently, the most beautiful hallucinogens.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1