Coronavirus

Expect a lot of cancellations or postponements in any number of events be it sports, trades/business, schools and our beloved drum corps.  One annual trade conference I usually go to,  but decided not to this year,  just postponed their event scheduled for next week,  until June.  I'm supposed to go to a conference in mid-April but I am expecting it to be cancelled or postponed too.

Just now, LabMaster said:

Expect a lot of cancellations or postponements in any number of events be it sports, trades/business, schools and our beloved drum corps.  One annual trade conference I usually go to,  but decided not to this year,  just postponed their event scheduled for next week,  until June.  I'm supposed to go to a conference in mid-April but I am expecting it to be cancelled or postponed too.

Just about every trade show that was to be held at McCormick Place, has been cancelled. 

Just saw NCAA ordering all basketball tournaments to be spectator free. Well I was going to watch my Div II schools male and female team online anyway. School is hosting both first games at new county convention center which I have never seen so interesting in more than a few ways

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Lots of hard decisions to come I am sure.   In the end what needs to be done is keep everyone safe.  

WGI didn’t just cancel because they’re scared, Ohio/UD were probably going to make restrictions on events with higher attendance events and the like.  I suspect if DCI would do the same it would be for similar reasons.  There’s housing for all parts of the tour, performance venues, the environment that corps operate in, different states restrictions on events should this continue to escalate, etc.  

I and I’m sure many more will be heartbroken should something happened his summer, but if it needs to be done it needs to be done.  

The governor of Ohio had already ordered no large events,  so it was inevitable.  

Not at all surprised by the panic. Panic, itself, is infectious. This will linger on for months. Now, a question . . .

How will we know when it’s “safe” to come out of our protective bubbles?  

Seriously. Most don’t trust politicians or the news media any longer. So, would it be smoke rising from a chimney? A giant “all clear” siren?   A message from a Hollywood Star, a well known athlete, maybe a George Hopkins Facebook post?  😄

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheSonOfSUAPYG said:

Regarding WGI, I wonder if the age-outs from independent groups get a bonus year now?

No special considerations will be given to age outs this season. Consequences of the decision to shut it down. Same for DCI age outs too.