Coronavirus

It's still early, but don't expect this to go away. By April/May I think there will need be serious discussions in Indianapolis about cancelling the 2020 DCI season.

9 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

It's still early, but don't expect this to go away. By April/May I think there will need be serious discussions in Indianapolis about cancelling the 2020 DCI season.

If that happens, I’m going to need my $1000+ back that I’ve spent on tickets.  Because the economy is going down the toilet. 

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate to bring this up but if the season is cancelled, can DCI survive the blow financially? 

Honestly? I kind of doubt it.

To be fair, the number of corps who wouldn't be able to survive would be more than a few.

Just now, skevinp said:

What is important is that you have a positive attitude.  

Right ... the toilet could back up.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What is important is that you have a positive attitude.  

It’s kind of difficult.  Reading this thread is less than encouraging. Forget about the nightly news. 

I posted one positive thing about cases slowing down in China and it was shot to ####. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s kind of difficult.  Reading this thread is less than encouraging. Forget about the nightly news. 

I posted one positive thing about cases slowing down in China and it was shot to ####. 

Yes but they have control over their society. If we have the complete testing capabilities as say South Korea we would see drastic numbers as being positive of the virus. Right now about 5000 Americans have been tested. South Korea test that amount per day. 

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This media-fueled hysteria is the biggest overreaction to anything I’ve ever seen in my lifetime.  The reaction is just way out of line from anything we’ve seen before.

This sucks and I’m beyond depressed with all this talk. 

Is it media fueled? It seems to me the media is just reporting on the hysteria all over the world.  I don’t believe the media caused hordes of people to swarm the toilet paper aisle at a Costco.

As more testing gets done the higher the numbers we will see.  And that is coming from the CDC.  We are at the beginning of this I fear.

• Like 1