Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This media-fueled hysteria is the biggest overreaction to anything I’ve ever seen in my lifetime.  The reaction is just way out of line from anything we’ve seen before.

This sucks and I’m beyond depressed with all this talk. 

Just shoot the messenger eh? If you think the problem is it’s on the news all day then... don’t watch news all day...

• Like 1

Hey how about that just-announced travel ban from Europe starting in 48 hours?  Guess who has a hockeykid in Europe right now?  This Guy!   There was quite a bit of excitement at the Hockeyfamily household the last couple hours. Hockeymom is going to need an extra stiff brandy old fashioned sweet (with olives please). But we got him on a flight out Friday morning. Phew. But, you ask - now what?  We’re calling our doctor to see if he should get tested...or quarantined. And if course quarantining him means the 3 of us will have to self-quarantine. Good times. But as good citizens isn’t that what we should do, even if hockykid has no symptoms?  I can already hear it - “the other kids’ parents aren’t making them do that!”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey how about that just-announced travel ban from Europe starting in 48 hours?  Guess who has a hockeykid in Europe right now?  This Guy!   There was quite a bit of excitement at the Hockeyfamily household the last couple hours. Hockeymom is going to need an extra stiff brandy old fashioned sweet (with olives please). But we got him on a flight out Friday morning. Phew. But, you ask - now what?  We’re calling our doctor to see if he should get tested...or quarantined. And if course quarantining him means the 3 of us will have to self-quarantine. Good times. But as good citizens isn’t that what we should do, even if hockykid has no symptoms?  I can already hear it - “the other kids’ parents aren’t making them do that!”

All best wishes to you and your family

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hope you can relax and have some quality time, maybe play fetch with Hockeydog.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep the faith!  Good thought's are with you and yours.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

It was my understanding the flight travel ban did not apply to US citizens...yet.

That may be but at this point there’s so much uncertainty we felt we should just get him home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm assuming all regional competition that are WGI sponsored that are up coming will also be scrapped. It's very sad and a troubling time what is going on.

KIDA here in PA and MD just killed the season after this weekend

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Neither! I based it on good sense. If BD has 50 age outs and DCI allowed them another season then 50 potential members who are of age won’t be. Doubt WGI or DCI would ignore their age rules for participation. 

DCI's just gonna try and raise the limit anyway

Edited by Jeff Ream

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If DCA or DCI have to cancel their Finals week (DCI) or weekend (DCA) could they survive financially was first part. That’s assuming season went on OK

Second part is could the individual corps survive financially if the season is cancelled. That’s assuming no events for the season

amazed DCA can survive getting 1000 paid at finals as is

• Like 2