Coronavirus

32 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

!Tragic - no! death is inevitable. 

Ouch! Any preventable death is tragic  to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

easy to say if it doesn’t hit you directly

Sad to say what is making this easier for me is the loved ones I had with compromised systems are all gone. Otherwise they would be home bound and I’d be #### careful I didn’t pass anything. Watch two people die from pneumonia and it changes your outlook.

Life's cycle! With the cancellation of the NBA, Spring Training, now March Madness, and more, in 9 months time, the hospital maternity wards will be packed to the brim to triple replenish whatever we lost in lives from the virus in the interim.

Edited by Poppycock

50 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

3,000 people died in 9/11 attack out of 300,000,000 Americans. 1 out of 300,000. Does that make the attack any less tragic? 

The bigger point I'm trying to make is just because something is statistically insignificant doesn't mean it is insignificant. 

You're overreacting.  You, of course, make your point with only one.  That's a given.

Statistically, then, how many drum corps participant deaths would you expect this season?  It's a silly question.

As is yours.  Nobody here thinks even one death is insignificant.  You're willfully rejecting his intention and disregarding his typical posting style.  Again, you're over-reacting.

Nobody said it's not significant.  You're trying a shift and tarry move that's invalid in checkers and chess in three countries.

Let it be.  Humor is good.  Sensitivities are important.  Presume positive intent.  Wash your hands.

16 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

If you eat the right foods and exercise daily you’re still going to die. However birth certificates are not issued with an expiration date. Get busy living! 

If you eat right and exercise daily, you get two extra years in the nursing home.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So will those corps be bigger then or will it push people out of them?

or they'll propose to raise the limit