Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Can we knock it off with the “I care more about people than you do” BS?  It’s mean-spirited and arguably a personal attack, and I had thought those were against the guidelines.

I lost my wife to pneumonia and I was there when she died. I will be ###### if someone says her life doesn’t matter because it’s only 1 out of many and she would have died anyway. 

I care more was not my point. My point was when it hits you personally statistics be ######.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you hadn’t jumped in with the life’s cycle crap I would have. Anniversary of losing my wife like I described before so more than a bit sensitive.

ok mods I’m done....

I’m sorry for your loss. Having lost so many of my friends to uneducated life choices, I understand. We move on or try to. Peace! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Can we knock it off with the “I care more about people than you do” BS?  It’s mean-spirited and arguably a personal attack, and I had thought those were against the guidelines.

Yes, the mods are being very good.

And, I have to chuckle, having been in verbal tussles with both of these two, I see now second hand how passionate they are.  Even attacking each other as they and I did.

The mods here are so dang good because they know and appreciate the passion.  They'll let you fight it out so long as it stays respectful and not personal.  They're drum corps people.

They're also Luca Brasi.   

Edited by garfield

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

I’m sorry for your loss. Having lost so many of my friends to uneducated life choices, I understand. We move on or try to. Peace! 

Ok we cool. Just trying to get across (to everyone) its a whole different ballgame when it’s someone you care about. Sounds like you do know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

They're also Luca Brasi.   

Well if I get any fatter.. needed a laugh thanks.

Yeah definitely a rough week personally...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Benefits to prolong case discovery?

So, let's say there are expected to be a million reported cases.  It's much better for the statisticians if those million come over time so they can measure impacts of systemic improvements.  A "bell-curve" model.  Having all 1million show up in a short amount of time doesn't provide for measurements of systemic improvements and, at the same time, overloads the capabilities on the health provider system all at once.  In order to get proper measurements of systemic improvements we have to have measurable new applications.  The more data points the better the odds of achieving a uniform antiviral and an application cycle to maximize its application.

I stayed at Holiday Inn, and you can find these bell-curve charts in the internets, released in just the last few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

So, let's say there are expected to be a million reported cases.  It's much better for the statisticians if those million come over time so they can measure impacts of systemic improvements.  A "bell-curve" model.  Having all 1million show up in a short amount of time doesn't provide for measurements of systemic improvements and, at the same time, overloads the capabilities on the health provider system all at once.  In order to get proper measurements of systemic improvements we have to have measurable new applications.  The more data points the better the odds of achieving a uniform antiviral and an application cycle to maximize its application.

I stayed at Holiday Inn, and you can find these bell-curve charts in the internets, released in just the last few days.

Thanks for some reason I read “prolong case discover” a totally different way. This I understand and totally agree with. Somehow thought it might have meant delay (prolong) testing (discovery) of possible cases.