2020 The Commandant's Own

Where was this and what was the occasion?  I skipped a couple minutes so I think I missed the announcer at some point.  Is this kind of like a family preview?  

12 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

Where was this and what was the occasion?  I skipped a couple minutes so I think I missed the announcer at some point.  Is this kind of like a family preview?  

It was at MCRD San Diego. They have "spring training" in Yuma, AZ.

85246438_3438322479571630_89378046907504

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

It was at MCRD San Diego. They have "spring training" in Yuma, AZ.

85246438_3438322479571630_89378046907504

Lol stayed at the Amphib base (last event on the schedule) when there for work. Was on the wrong side of the building as my work partner had a morning show while brushing his teeth. His view was the road, wall between the road and the beach, beach itself and special forces paddling in to “take” the beach in training. “Dude you missed it “. 
Other excitement was crossing Coronado bridge the last time and finding out the smoke we saw was a truck on fire at end of the bridge “ya think someone is trying to tell us it’s time to go home?”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

As a prior service Marine that did boot camp in MCRD - San Diego as well being a member of "The Commandant's Own" I can tell you that this was on the parade deck at MCRD.  This is part of the annual west coast tour of the Battle Color Detachment.  Approximately three weeks of spring training in Yuma, AZ followed by a tour.

Great to see the Corps continuing the tradition.

Semper Fi!

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1