2019 DCI Review #2 - CAROLINA CROWN

I got my 2019 DVDs last week and watched the first disc at least a dozen times already.  I thought I’d give my reviews of the top 5 one at a time and see what anybody thinks.  Next: Carolina Crown - probably my second favorite musical and visual show of the year.  I missed Gabriel’s Oboe, but am glad it was included in the amazon.com download from last fall.  The uniforms/costumes seem to be getting more ridiculous every year.  The on-field pit was a great throwback to 1993 Phantom.  The opening blast of sound was a great throwback to 1996 Blue Devils!  The drill was definitely the best of the year and I’m proud that Crown continues to prove that you can still play difficult music and march great drill while doing so. The spoken words starting at 41:00 was distracting but I’m surprised at how much I like the vocalization starting at 44:10.  I love the new variation of the “crown formation” at the end of the show. Question for drummers: why did Crown have six bass drums?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3