2019 DCI Review #4 - THE BLUECOATS - part 2 of 2

All the little details like the mop-topped Penny Lane soloist, the John Lennon glasses, the Eastern multi-armed goddess, the deep bows from the waist, the Sea Of Holes visual motif, the "drop T" logo on the kit's bass drum, all the peace signs, and the 100% variety of uniforms makes this show magical.  (Does anyone else think it's a lot of fun to spot a new favorite uniform each time you watch the show?)  What other Beatles details am I missing?  The choreography didn't live up to 2016's Downside Up, but what could?  It would've been nice if the corps could have gotten the audience more involved in the na-na-na-nas at the end.  Overall though: my favorite show of 2019.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Skeletor '96 said:

It would've been nice if the corps could have gotten the audience more involved in the na-na-na-nas at the end.   

Yes.  A missed opportunity.  

Edit.  After Terri's following post, I do recall the finals ending on Flow.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeletor '96 said:

All the little details like the mop-topped Penny Lane soloist, the John Lennon glasses, the Eastern multi-armed goddess, the deep bows from the waist, the Sea Of Holes visual motif, the "drop T" logo on the kit's bass drum, all the peace signs, and the 100% variety of uniforms makes this show magical.  (Does anyone else think it's a lot of fun to spot a new favorite uniform each time you watch the show?)  What other Beatles details am I missing?  The choreography didn't live up to 2016's Downside Up, but what could?  It would've been nice if the corps could have gotten the audience more involved in the na-na-na-nas at the end.  Overall though: my favorite show of 2019.

Seriously?  I thought the building was going to crumble on finals night.  I guess you had to be there. 

What say you, @Jurassic Lancer?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Seriously?  I thought the building was going to crumble on finals night.  I guess you had to be there. 

What say you, @Jurassic Lancer?

The place was rocking! And from where I sat in the top row of section 141, it was awesome watching the peace signs swaying in time to the corps playing and fans singing. It was a great moment!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  I wish I was there!  That didn't come across on the DVD at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Wow!  I wish I was there!  That didn't come across on the DVD at all.

I agree; it did not come across on the DVD.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, Jurassic Lancer said:

The place was rocking! And from where I sat in the top row of section 141, it was awesome watching the peace signs swaying in time to the corps playing and fans singing. It was a great moment!

Great seats! I sit in the middle of sec 241. The place was rocking at the end.

• Thanks 1