I am NOT a Blue Devils hater.

1984 - one of the top 10 best selections of music ever put out there - "tear your face off" drum corps!

1986 - more great music - a bit of a 1970s' greatest hits show

1988 - the "smoother" side of BD - love the "Black And Grey Devils"

1991 -  "Conversations In Jazz" - wow! - I love modern music, and it was creative to hear a jazz take on the style

1994 - "My Spanish Heart" - the most intense take on "Spanish Fantasy" yet - the Devils were BACK

1995 - "Carpe Noctem" - like I said about loving the dark side of the 90s' Cavaliers, this one is my FAVORITE BD show of all time

2000 - Bernard Herrman - more great modern stuff - how about that surprise last blast at the end!

2007 - "Winged Victory" - great return to almost "classic"-style drum corps entertainment

2010 - "Through A Glass, Darkly" - clever, interesting use of the mirrors; effects only worked if you were sitting low though

2012 - "Cabaret Voltaire" - I learned about dada in college and was fascinated to see this concept brought to the field - as original as it gets - I love "weird"

2013 - "re:Rite of Spring" - interesting jazzy take on great modern music

2016 - As Dreams Are Made On - one of the most entertaining shows by anybody in the last decade

So there!  ; )

Edited by Skeletor '96
phrasing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

1984 - one of the top 10 best selections of music ever put out there - "tear your face off" drum corps!

1986 - more great music - a bit of a 1970s' greatest hits show

1988 - the "smoother" side of BD - love the "Black And Grey Devils"

1991 -  "Conversations In Jazz" - wow! - I love modern music, and it was creative to hear a jazz take on the style

1994 - "My Spanish Heart" - the most intense take on "Spanish Fantasy" yet - the Devils were BACK

1995 - "Carpe Noctem" - like I said about loving the dark side of the 90s' Cavaliers, this one is my FAVORITE BD show of all time

2000 - Bernard Herrman - more great modern stuff - how about that surprise last blast at the end!

2007 - "Winged Victory" - great return to almost "classic"-style drum corps entertainment

2010 - "Through A Glass, Darkly" - clever, interesting use of the mirrors; effects only worked if you were sitting low though

2012 - "Cabaret Voltaire" - I learned about dada in college and was fascinated to see this concept brought to the field - as original as it gets - I love "weird"

2013 - "re:Rite of Spring" - interesting jazzy take on great modern music

2016 - As Dreams Are Made On - one of the most entertaining shows by anybody in the last decade

So there!  ; )

I love the interest you have in DCP but you don’t need to generate a new thread so much.  This probably could have been stated in response to posters in the other BD thread.  I would love to see your reviews of other top 12’s.

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I love the interest you have in DCP but you don’t need to generate a new thread so much.  This probably could have been stated in response to posters in the other BD thread.  I would love to see your reviews of other top 12’s.

Thanks for the etiquette lesson!  I'll keep this in mind from now on.

• Haha 2

Fellinieqsue got a 99.65 if I recall.  I understand it was amazing execution (of a boring show), but you have to pay off judges to get a score that high. 😉  And how was that little girl in a book entertainment?  😆  They didn't succeed in making it particularly cute or heart-warming.  She added about as much to this show as tap dancers, an electric viola or a sousaphone. I need to go watch "Channel One" now I think.  haha-just exaggerating my exasperation a little bit.

Edited by Skeletor '96
additonal commentary
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Fellinieqsue got a 99.65 if I recall.  I understand it was amazing execution (of a boring show), but you have to pay off judges to get a score that high. 😉  And how was that little girl in a book entertainment?  😆  They didn't succeed in making it particularly cute or heart-warming.  She added about as much to this show as tap dancers, an electric viola or a sousaphone. I need to go watch "Channel One" now I think.  haha-just exaggerating my exasperation a little bit.

Well, looks like you may have really shown your true self with the above post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Paying off judges........here we go again........smh. And that little girl who brought nothing to the show (says you) is Clara. And she was in the 2015 show Ink, not Fellini. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1