Summer schedule changes pending

As the OP, I wanted this conversation to be about the changes pending.  Many of you know I have been helping with the housing needs in the DC Metro area over the past decade. I was contacted by a corps that shall not be named, stating their need for housing has changed as they will be moved to another show.

Please keep this subject in mind and not move it to politics.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

As the OP, I wanted this conversation to be about the changes pending.  Many of you know I have been helping with the housing needs in the DC Metro area over the past decade. I was contacted by a corps that shall not be named, stating their need for housing has changed as they will be moved to another show.

Please keep this subject in mind and not move it to politics.

Hard to discuss the pending changes without someone telling us what they are.

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, Ghost said:

Have not many of the DCP honchos been involved with The Cadets over the years?

Two.  A whopping two.  George, who started the site, and MikeD, who has been the most patient person who ever worked here.

Mike

Coronavirus update: March 12, 2020

Drum Corps International is continuing to monitor the impact of COVID-19 across the country. Specifically, we are following the quickly evolving developments at all levels as well as the ongoing determinations by local and national public health officials. We are also receiving tremendous assistance from our extended network of career healthcare professionals working through the Marching Music Health, Wellness & Safety Project.

Our top priority remains the health and safety of everyone in the DCI community.

DCI will continue to adhere to all national directives and incorporate the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public health authorities, and physicians to ensure the safety of our performers, staff, volunteers, partners, audience members, and everyone associated with DCI’s nationwide operational structure.

With so many schools and events affected at this point, we understand that many in the DCI community are concerned about the 2020 Summer Tour, which begins three months from now. While there have already been some disruptions to rehearsal camps for the individual corps this month depending on their geographic locations, there will likely be more impact on spring activities. However, at this point, we are continuing to plan for a 2020 DCI Summer Tour.

We share in the disappointment of all those at WGI-Sport of the Arts on the decision to cancel the 2020 WGI World Championships and other scheduled events. We understand that the decision was extremely difficult, and we salute the thousands of passionate performers, instructors, and administrators around the world who devote their winter months to elevating their standards of excellence.

As the situation unfolds over the coming days and weeks, we will continue to work with corps administrators, tour event partners, stadium managers, and hundreds of housing site hosts from coast to coast to assess all available information and make necessary adjustments.

We will continue to provide updates at DCI.org and through our social media chan

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Tks. for posting in both locations Fred!   

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:24 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

I have learned of changes to the schedule for this summer that have corps changing show locations from the current schedule.  Watch for an announcement soon from DCI.

Did I miss this announcement from DCI?