If Gawd forbid Drum Corps is canceled this summer, What are your alternate plans?

Don't forget about drum corps this summer!

After I aged out I had a few summers of just going to shows.  Then a few summers of staff.  Then several summers off completely from corps.  I stayed connected and joined a BOD some years ago.  It's great to give back on your own terms (no sweaty buses, no kitchen truck on tour, no sun burn).

I don't go on tour, I just help behind the scenes.  I'll probably put in bit more time than usual on trying to raise money and keep the lights on at the corps office.  If the announcement to cancel is made we'll spend a few evenings crunching numbers on what is needed to make it until November 2020.

The only change I'll see is that I won't be online late at night to see what the scores are, and I won't watch the stats daily and wish my corps had more points on the board.

• Like 1

sleep i guess since i wont have recaps to search

If by some miracle life can get back to pre normal by Summer, and the USL (United Soccer League) can get reignited...I have my Saint Louis FC and my fellow St Louligans to party with during games. 2 years from joining MLS in 2022. 

At 1 pm tomorrow, I start looking for a wife.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

At 1 pm tomorrow, I start looking for a wife.

Can see it now Fred:  National Art Gallery 

Visitors at the National Gallery of Art on the National Mall - Free art museum in Washington, DC

• Haha 1

Well in fourth week of retirement and guess I’ll work on my bucket list. That is the part of the bucket list that is under the “do this #### at home” column.

Currently genealogy both sides of family, checking old DVDs and getting 50 years of old photos (prints and pc images) together. 

and bug ex coworkers for the latest telework directives to see what I am missing (thank goodness).

yeah bored.... 🤪

Edited by JimF-LowBari