If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

Just got an email from DCI  for tickets to the 6/26,Allentown Show,7/29 ,Maryland Show ,and the Easts.

If DCi is considering "pulling the plug",you'd never know it from this email.

Just now, rpbobcat said:

Just got an email from DCI  for tickets to the 6/26,Allentown Show,7/29 ,Maryland Show ,and the Easts.

If DCi is considering "pulling the plug",you'd never know it from this email.

Wow.  I guess they’re looking at the bright side.  I’m a positive person but even I can’t buy into that 6/26 show. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  I guess they’re looking at the bright side.  I’m a positive person but even I can’t buy into that 6/26 show. 

i think at this stage, they have to pretend all will be well until they know more.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think at this stage, they have to pretend all will be well until they know more.

Kind of like Kevin Bacon during the Homecoming Parade in Animal House.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Whereas: The 2020 DCI season is cancelled, truncated or otherwise fundamentally diminished.

Resolved: The member age limit for participation in DCI member corps is raised by 12 months for the 2021 season only, then reverted to its current limit for the 2022 season.

Aye? or Nay?

Aye - and I can't imagine any corps director not on board with this

Edited by ykw

24 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Kind of like Kevin Bacon during the Homecoming Parade in Animal House.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Maybe it was removed partly because of what I underlined above.

Maybe; but then there are comments under his 2nd post from health care workers confirming what he had stated.  I think he received pressure from someone.  Maybe a supervisor?  I have a former student that lives in Seattle whose spouse works in this facility.  I called him & he confirmed much of this original post this morning.  

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

1 hour ago, DCVNVET said:

Updated post after my first ,was going to amend because of that statement, but I figured if only 1/3 was accurate it's still a difficult situation.

See my last reply to cixelsyd. 👆it's not as bad as Italy, but it's getting close.  #FlattenTheCurve

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

See my last reply to cixelsyd. 👆it's not as bad as Italy, but it's getting close.  #FlattenTheCurve

Ditto;  I don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc. so I couldn't research. I thought the pressure might have been professional in nature, threatening an ethics issue possibly.  Como appointed a Committee today to review hospital bed space in NYC.  950+ cases out of that 150 hospitalized.  Your right it's not Italy and they, the powers at be want to head off that scenario GL.   FLATTENTHECURVE