If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Because one argument made in this forum (and elsewhere) has been that the H1N1 outbreak killed a lot more Americans than COVID19 has done, and therefore the response to the current outbreak is overblown.

Irrelevant to this discussion, even if I agree.  I do think that DCI et al. should simply cancel the season and no special accommodations made for age outs etc..  That's life and young people need to learn that also.

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Only the expat Irish celebrate that here in Spain.🤨  We are in "lock-down" and I am just waiting for my flight back to Canada next week.  Thanks for the thought though.  🤒

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

My son is an OR nurse in Orlando Florida at the VA Hospital. They are offering extra shifts to nurses to man the front entrance and screen people before they can enter the hospital.

Wow; praying for all of our health care workers on the front line!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Because one argument made in this forum (and elsewhere) has been that the H1N1 outbreak killed a lot more Americans than COVID19 has done, and therefore the response to the current outbreak is overblown.

Then address whoever made that argument.  Why should the rest of us have to defend a claim we did not make?

My response on this topic was merely to provide additional context and perspective.  It is easy to wind yourself up when individual statistics or statements are taken out of context, and presented in an unbalanced manner.  Some degree of winding up is justified... but perspective is important to keep panic from overwhelming all else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdaddy said:

And the demographic that drives those ratings is the one most in need of taking it seriously (and least likely to take it seriously unless that station says it).

In the end, it can only be a good thing.

Like the guys who tried to corner the market in hand sanitizer and, instead, had to give it away, I see your post as chum in the water that will only drift out to sea.

MikeD is standing on the other end of the boat with a big club in his hand and all of the sharks are huddled up and staring at him like school children answering grammar questions.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Had a scheduled doc appointment this morning.  The facility let everyone know coming in, there would be a screening upon arrival before you could proceed inside to see your doc.  “ How are you?  “Good”.  “Have you been Outside of NH in the past 2 weeks”?  “Yes”.  “Do you have a cough today”?  “No”.  “Do you have a fever”?, “No”.  “OK, here is your green card to proceed.  Keep it with you while you go to your appointment and any others you may have today. Thank you”.  I felt so safe they were doing this comprehensive screening. Whew!😷

Oh, I don't know.  Could be a valid screening because the vast majority of cases show those symptoms.  If you don't have any symptoms, should they use a test kit?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The state of Illinois installs all of these draconian measures and then holds a primary election today.  These are not serious people.  Their brains do not work as designed. 

Ohio postponed theirs after court made an opinion that they should not. Some of the SM posts prove there are a lot of stupid people in Ohio as saying their right to vote has been taken away. Ahh... it’s been postponed not cancelled dummies

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ohio postponed theirs after court made an opinion that they should not. Some of the SM posts prove there are a lot of stupid people in Ohio as saying their right to vote has been taken away. Ahh... it’s been postponed not cancelled dummies

Good God, just do it in June or July.  The convention isn’t until August. 

• Like 4

NYC on probable house confinement by end of day..only gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacies etc(vital services) will remain open..be safe..peace

• Like 1
  • Sad 1