If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

44 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I don't understand what you're saying. If you're suggesting that I was making a political post, you're incorrect. I made no mention of political philosophy. I didn't even mention any news outlet by name - that you know what outlet I'm referring to says as much about that outlet as anything. 

The president, as recently as the middle of last week, was not taking the spread of this virus seriously - this is not a political opinion, it's a factual statement.

So much for walking back.

Now that he is,

I really do not feel like parsing this.  How about you tell me why the whole raft of measures taken prior to then at the initiative of the executive branch was somehow un-serious, but now it is?

all media outlets are generally on the same page now in terms of promoting good prevention policies (e.g., social distancing)

Do not even go there.  I lost count of how many politicians and news anchors have gone on air, grouped in shoulder-to-shoulder solidarity to lecture us on the importance of social distancing... while grouped shoulder-to-shoulder.  The memes make themselves...

The older demographic needs this information as much as anyone, and it's good that the outlet that they watch is now promoting that information - how is that incorrect?

Let me know if you really cannot see why that is incorrect.  (As if all old people only watch one channel... )

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good God, just do it in June or July.  The convention isn’t until August. 

Someone flipped out in a post saying their person might drop out by then, can’t vote for them blah blah... Hell welcome to PA and states that have late primaries. We have had names on ballots that have dropped out and only one person still running.

Best response was hold later and ramp up absentee ballots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Oh, I don't know.  Could be a valid screening because the vast majority of cases show those symptoms.  If you don't have any symptoms, should they use a test kit?

Many places doing similar screenings at least take your temp.  One would think at a health care facility, they would take your temp instead of relying on any answer I might give them.  Like when asked about being out of the state with no follow up question.  That probably should have gone "Have you been out of NH within the last two weeks"?  "Yes", .  "Oh where were you" ?  ""Santa Clara county"?  "Please step over here, we have a couple more questions, a mask and a temp scan".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

Never mind.  If people insist on breaking the rules, I am not going to get pulled into the mud.

see this?

This is skevinp

skevinp knows the rules

skevinp does not reply to posts that break the rules

skevinp does not become part of the problem

be like skevinp

Thou shalt not post:
"any reference to material considered political or religious in nature"

we do want to support discussion of this current event as it relates to our activity - that's what we try to do here.  we know it is hard, but help keep the relevant and respectful discussion going by reporting and stepping away so we can review and act if necessary.  we'd rather clean up one than close it all.

FWIW I work for Disney, who has given me two paid weeks to stay home - while the initial discussion was to be back in operation within several weeks, indications are that at least here in the US, that will be stretched in to months.  No bueno.  

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow; praying for all of our health care workers on the front line!

My doctor yesterday said there is no doubt she and her husband (a nurse or EMT or other health care work) will get Covid 19.  she is fully expecting it.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ohio postponed theirs after court made an opinion that they should not. Some of the SM posts prove there are a lot of stupid people in Ohio as saying their right to vote has been taken away. Ahh... it’s been postponed not cancelled dummies

Yes, about half of the state are complete idiots.

I'll leave it to others here to decide which half I fall into.

• Haha 2

Just now, garfield said:

Yes, about half of the state are complete idiots.

I'll leave it to others here to decide which half I fall into.

So you’ve only met half the residents then lol. Had relatives in Fremont.

currently sitting in a parking lot waiting for my deli order. Order online, pay with credit card and then run in to grab the food and then hustle your bustle back out. Need a break from frozen and/or microwaved

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

see this?

This is skevinp

skevinp knows the rules

skevinp does not reply to posts that break the rules

skevinp does not become part of the problem

be like skevinp

Thou shalt not post:
"any reference to material considered political or religious in nature"

we do want to support discussion of this current event as it relates to our activity - that's what we try to do here.  we know it is hard, but help keep the relevant and respectful discussion going by reporting and stepping away so we can review and act if necessary.  we'd rather clean up one than close it all.

FWIW I work for Disney, who has given me two paid weeks to stay home - while the initial discussion was to be back in operation within several weeks, indications are that at least here in the US, that will be stretched in to months.  No bueno.  

you're no #### fun

• Haha 2