If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

So much for walking back.

I really do not feel like parsing this.  How about you tell me why the whole raft of measures taken prior to then at the initiative of the executive branch was somehow un-serious, but now it is?

Do not even go there.  I lost count of how many politicians and news anchors have gone on air, grouped in shoulder-to-shoulder solidarity to lecture us on the importance of social distancing... while grouped shoulder-to-shoulder.  The memes make themselves...

Let me know if you really cannot see why that is incorrect.  (As if all old people only watch one channel... )

And, in context, it appears as though many of the younger generation don't watch any news and, that which they do watch, they mostly ignore.

So, I see which demo is ACTUALLY the one not taking C-19 seriously. 

I'm old and you probably wouldn't believe the amount and sources of news I consume every day.  Most of my generation are like that; we read, listen, act with care and cynicism, and recognize that we've already lived through a lot of the "ends of the world".

This one is Meh by comparison. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

see this?

This is skevinp

skevinp knows the rules

skevinp does not reply to posts that break the rules

skevinp does not become part of the problem

be like skevinp

Thou shalt not post:
"any reference to material considered political or religious in nature"

we do want to support discussion of this current event as it relates to our activity - that's what we try to do here.  we know it is hard, but help keep the relevant and respectful discussion going by reporting and stepping away so we can review and act if necessary.  we'd rather clean up one than close it all.

FWIW I work for Disney, who has given me two paid weeks to stay home - while the initial discussion was to be back in operation within several weeks, indications are that at least here in the US, that will be stretched in to months.  No bueno.  

This is really hilarious.  And scary.

A mod with two weeks of home-leave?  Scarier than C-19 any day in my book.

(I kid, mostly)

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

(I kid, mostly)

I've been out of school 2 days & I'm about to go stir crazy.  Note: my wife is also a teacher; we're quarantined together. 😷😬

Edited by keystone3ply
correction

This break in the action is brought to you by moi.

The Rules

WE ALWAYS HEAR 'THE RULES' FROM THE FEMALE SIDE 
NOW HERE ARE THE RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE.
THESE ARE OUR RULES!

PLEASE NOTE. THESE ARE ALL NUMBERED #1 ON PURPOSE!

1. MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS. 

1. LEARN TO WORK THE TOILET SEAT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL. IF IT'S UP, PUT IT DOWN. WE NEED IT UP, YOU NEED IT DOWN. YOU DON'T HEAR US COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU LEAVING IT DOWN. 

1. CRYING IS BLACKMAIL. 

1. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. LET US BE CLEAR ON THIS ONE:
SUBTLE HINTS DO NOT WORK! 
STRONG HINTS DO NOT WORK! 
OBVIOUS HINTS DO NOT WORK! 
JUST SAY IT!

1. YES AND NO ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS TO ALMOST EVERY QUESTION. 

1. COME TO US WITH A PROBLEM ONLY IF YOU WANT HELP SOLVING IT. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. SYMPATHY IS WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ARE FOR.

1. ANYTHING WE SAID 6 MONTHS AGO IS INADMISSIBLE IN AN ARGUMENT. IN FACT, ALL COMMENTS BECOME NULL AND VOID AFTER 7 DAYS. 

1. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT, YOU PROBABLY ARE. DON'T ASK US. 

1. IF SOMETHING WE SAID CAN BE INTERPRETED TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THE WAYS MAKES YOU SAD OR ANGRY, WE MEANT THE OTHER ONE. 

1. YOU CAN EITHER ASK US TO DO SOMETHING OR TELL US HOW YOU WANT IT DONE. NOT BOTH. 
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW BEST HOW TO DO IT, JUST DO IT YOURSELF.

1. WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING COMMERCIALS. 

1. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DID NOT NEED DIRECTIONS AND NEITHER DO WE... 

1. ALL MEN SEE IN ONLY 16 COLORS, LIKE WINDOWS DEFAULT SETTINGS.. 
PEACH, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A FRUIT, NOT A COLOR. PUMPKIN IS ALSO A FRUIT. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAUVE IS. 

1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. 

1. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU DON'T WANT AN ANSWER TO, EXPECT AN ANSWER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR.. 

1. WHEN WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU WEAR IS FINE...REALLY. 

1. DON'T ASK US WHAT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SUCH TOPICS AS FOOTBALL OR MOTOR SPORTS.

1. YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES. 

1. YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOES.

1. I AM IN SHAPE. ROUND IS A SHAPE!

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. YES, I KNOW, I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.. BUT DID YOU KNOW MEN REALLY DON'T MIND THAT? IT'S LIKE CAMPING...

PASS THIS TO AS MANY MEN AS YOU CAN - TO GIVE THEM A LAUGH...

PASS THIS TO AS MANY WOMEN AS YOU CAN - TO GIVE THEM A BIGGER LAUGH, BECAUSE ITS TRUE.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

and apparently bad at instilling a little levity into moderating...oh well, try try again soon, I'm sure.

Nah you good... but I’m old enough to see a Dick and Jane vibe.... 😜

46 minutes ago, garfield said:

(I kid, mostly)

I mostly chuckled.

you think I'm going to spend all this free PTO watching you all solve this viral #### soup we are all slurping and swimming in???  I'm planning on either making a dent in my honey-do list, or my friendly neighborhood golf course!

But in all seriousness because i am technically "engaged to wait", I'm subject to immediate recall so I'm somewhat tethered to the house in close proximity - so "I'll be watching you, Wazowski"!

1 hour ago, garfield said:

And, in context, it appears as though many of the younger generation don't watch any news and, that which they do watch, they mostly ignore.

So, I see which demo is ACTUALLY the one not taking C-19 seriously. 

I'm old and you probably wouldn't believe the amount and sources of news I consume every day.  Most of my generation are like that; we read, listen, act with care and cynicism, and recognize that we've already lived through a lot of the "ends of the world".

This one is Meh by comparison. 

Compared to what exactly?  This is not acting quite like others so in my book it is headed along way past meh.  What may make it appear less than it is, are the contradictory messages we get when we hear how bad it is and are advised what to do, then we see leadership behave the opposite of what we are told.  It minimizes the severity of the virus when one of the strongest voices  (Dr. Fauci) about how the public should act , how we should be taking extreme measures like staying in your house, social distancing, and so on, to thwart C19, is standing on stage doing the very thing we are told not to do.  If that isn't mixed messaging nothing is.  So if leadership appears be saying do as I say, not as I do, people come to the conclusion that this is meh.  But if you listen to the many other voices in the CDC and infectious disease expert.  It is much more than meh.  So for me, I'll consider it seriously,  work from home, minimize my outside public contact and wait this out.  I'm in a high risk group and I'd rather be a little cautious than possibly dead.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

I mostly chuckled.

you think I'm going to spend all this free PTO watching you all solve this viral #### soup we are all slurping and swimming in???  I'm planning on either making a dent in my honey-do list, or my friendly neighborhood golf course!

But in all seriousness because i am technically "engaged to wait", I'm subject to immediate recall so I'm somewhat tethered to the house in close proximity - so "I'll be watching you, Wazowski"!

I'm with you on this.  I am getting a jump on all my honey do's (some from last year I never got to) so I can enjoy my outdoor time when this is over.  Spring cleaning to the enth degree.