If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

5 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Since I was in full-blown follow-drum-corps-as-a-religion mode in the early 90s, I've had a gut feeling that there would be no 2020 season, which seems bizarre.  I always thought this would be due to financial factors.  In 1987 I also had visions of the twin towers collapsing.  I know this is an inappropriate comparison, but it feels very similar to me.

They're treating the water in the Scioto because the Dublin water treatment plant has been dumping waste into it since the 1950's.  You've probably been hallucinating since you were a toddler, your parents are actually not, you live in a bubble, and you only experienced a rip in the time/space continuum cause by a programming defect in the Scenario Module that's creating your artificial, but very friendly world.  That "drum corps" thing you religiously follow is known only to you and is 100% a figment of your imagination.

Garfield is actually just a cat.

Edited by garfield

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

All this concern for us.  Suddenly.  After “Ok boomer “ and “Die, Boomer, Die”.  It’s heartwarming.  🙄

I am being as careful as possible. What I don't understand is how I can possibly respond to a young person who is going insane on me because we don't provide testing of passengers when no testing is even available in the open marketplace. They have to be ordered by a doctor at this point correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I am being as careful as possible. What I don't understand is how I can possibly respond to a young person who is going insane on me because we don't provide testing of passengers when no testing is even available in the open marketplace. They have to be ordered by a doctor at this point correct?

This may be her first apocalypse, whereas those of us who are older consider it the most recent apocalypse in a long list of apocalypses.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Well, go out in the garage and get a hunk of 2x4 about 3 feet long.  Use your fancy woodworking tools to carve a nice, smooth handle in one end, and drill a few 3/4" holes in the other end to decrease wind resistance.

Then find said young person, tell them to calm down, get a grip on reality, and use his/her God-given senses to work the problem and solve the issue. 

If that doesn't work, discuss the benefits of white pine as a communications device.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

This may be her first apocalypse, whereas those of us who are older consider it the most recent apocalypse in a long list of apocalypses.  

No it isn't.  The first one might have been when they misplaced their cell phone.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

No idea.  I do know that if you become ill with the symptoms of this virus, you’re supposed to call your doctor or health facilities ahead of time.  Unless you’re in complete respiratory failure.

if your temperature is over 100.4 degrees and you’re exhibiting symptoms, that would probably be the time to call if you’re in the high risk group.  Which I am.   

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

We're closed thru Monday, April 6th but could be extended.  What's really unnerving is the recommendation to the National Association of School Superintendents that schools may have to be closed from 8 - 20 weeks.  That's just incredulous!  Hope it doesn't become a reality.     

I’ve heard that here, too.  Like someone said.  Hope for the best.  Prepare for the worst. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve heard that here, too.  Like someone said.  Hope for the best.  Prepare for the worst. 

Ohio's talking an end to the school year.  Graduation via Skype.  Mailed diplomas.

I have a graduating senior this year.

• Sad 2

My assistant just texted me that she and her two sons, one of whom is in daycare, are all running fevers of 100 or so.  She has aches and sniffles, one son has chills and a cough, and the young one has cough and sneezing.  (For 12 years, if ANY germ flies within 1000 miles of her kid's daycare, they all get it.  These symptoms are about as common as dawn in her house.)

Two hospitals told her that they won't test them unless they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive or are showing three of four signs (each has two, none has three but, combined, they are a Petri dish).

Three of six of us in the office are age 60 or older.

Edited by garfield
  • Sad 5