If COVID-19 shuts down 2020 tour

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

My assistant just texted me that she and her two sons, one of whom is in daycare, are all running fevers of 100 or so.  She has aches and sniffles, one son has chills and a cough, and the young one has cough and sneezing.  (For 12 years, if ANY germ flies within 1000 miles of her kid's daycare, they all get it.  These symptoms are about as common as dawn in her house.)

Two hospitals told her that they won't test them unless they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive or are showing three of four signs (each has two, none has three but, combined, they are a petri dish.

Three of six of us in the office are age 60 or older.

And that's the catch 22. You don't know if you've been in contact unless you've been tested and show positive and you can't get the test in some places, seemingly, unless you can say you've been in contact. I'm so confused. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

My assistant just texted me that she and her two sons, one of whom is in daycare, are all running fevers of 100 or so.  She has aches and sniffles, one son has chills and a cough, and the young one has cough and sneezing.  (For 12 years, if ANY germ flies within 1000 miles of her kid's daycare, they all get it.  These symptoms are about as common as dawn in her house.)

Two hospitals told her that they won't test them unless they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive or are showing three of four signs (each has two, none has three but, combined, they are a petri dish.

This is not what the Dr. ordered on a Sunday.  You and your co-workers take care. 

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

Two hospitals told her that they won't test them unless they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive or are showing three of four signs (each has two, none has three but, combined, they are a Petri dish).

I'm fairly certain that they will send our state employees to work from home starting tomorrow. Britt works for DHS and they were suddenly assigned laptops on Friday and told they will be getting their telnet (yes...they still use the term Telnet) codes on Monday. 

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

Two hospitals told her that they won't test them unless they've been in contact with someone who's tested positive or are showing three of four signs (each has two, none has three but, combined, they are a Petri dish).

I’m 62 and I take medication for high blood pressure.  From what I’ve been reading, hypertensive people are at a higher risk.  That’s a lot of Americans. 

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m 62 and I take medication for high blood pressure.  From what I’ve been reading, hypertensive people are at a higher risk.  That’s a lot of Americans. 

That's a WHOLE lot of Americans...myself included. I didn't think about that while I was shoving those 2 McChickens down my throatal though.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hope, my wife, has RA and has a compromised immune system. She is in the high risk category. We are aggressively practicing social distancing / isolating.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Schools in my state are shutting down for the next 5 weeks.  

The whole reason for it is to avoid group gatherings.  

So what are we doing on Monday morning as a staff?  All 80 of us are meeting in a small space.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Ohio's talking an end to the school year.  Graduation via Skype.  Mailed diplomas.  I have a graduating senior this year.

But, some proms are being held in some states.