Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

#3 on USA Today’s list of 100 things to do during a quarantine:  dust off that old instrument and learn to play again ... assuming the neighbors won’t mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i asked on the Facebook page if Max and the critters would do a childrens message

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.... (Max voice)

for everyone else Max is a wolf hand puppet and kind of clueless and self centered. So he figures in a lot of the sermons lol.

One Saturday night service there were no kids so guy who was giving the lesson (done after kids sermon) stood up thinking the kids sermon was cancelled. Pastor stopped him saying “no if I don’t do this I’ll get complaints later” (IOW some adults like it too).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

13 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

Lived in Brunswick and taught at Flea-tech (lol)  for three years , mid 1980's.  Used Jekyll as retreat for a variety of things rather than St. Simons.  (golf , fishing. cast netting, long beach walks)   Was there when they filmed segments of the movie "Glory" got to see Morgan Freeman, Denzel and the majority of the cast.  Your the first person I ever heard mention Jekyll.  Enjoy your trip!  

When Jim was in Beaufort, SC in the Marine Corps,  he’d go to Jekyll island all the time. 

30 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Expect No Baby Booms From This

Just heard radio announcer say that Divorce rates are starting to skyrocket in China because husbands and wives are arguing due to being "cooped" up together.

GIve your :Sweetie" a hug.

I’m not going to divorce him, but he may drive me crazy.  

28 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Expect No Baby Booms From This

Just heard radio announcer say that Divorce rates are starting to skyrocket in China because husbands and wives are arguing due to being "cooped" up together.

GIve your :Sweetie" a hug.

In case you don't have a sweetie.

According to a story on the radio this morning, "cam girls" are doing "land office business".

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm bouncing off the walls because the Fed's moves are causing the day job to suck

We’re supposed to close on our house next month. (We just did the walk thru with the builder this morning.) I’m trying to finalize my job situation in the next week or so— still not knowing if it’s safe to do my job. Or if potential employers are going to be open in two weeks. But we have to be out of our current house mid May. I’m about to lose my ####### mind right now.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

Lived in Brunswick and taught at Flea-tech (lol)  for three years , mid 1980's.  Used Jekyll as retreat for a variety of things rather than St. Simons.  (golf , fishing. cast netting, long beach walks)   Was there when they filmed segments of the movie "Glory" got to see Morgan Freeman, Denzel and the majority of the cast.  Your the first person I ever heard mention Jekyll.  Enjoy your trip!  

QUIET !!!  You, too, Terri.

This would have made our 6th trip to Jekyll Island.  Probably, the most unusual and relaxing vacations we’ve ever done (and we’ve been all over America). We’ve learned to fly into JAX. You should see that capsized freighter right off shore. No one knows what to do with it yet.  Contains more than 4000 new Mercedes-Benz, a little wet however.

But . . . . Nobody else should go there !

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

#3 on USA Today’s list of 100 things to do during a quarantine:  dust off that old instrument and learn to play again ... assuming the neighbors won’t mind. 

Is that what the teenagers call it now?  Is that code?  #UrbanDictionary 😂

Edited by keystone3ply
addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

QUIET !!!  You, too, Terri.

This would have made our 6th trip to Jekyll Island.  Probably, the most unusual and relaxing vacations we’ve ever done (and we’ve been all over America). We’ve learned to fly into JAX. You should see that capsized freighter right off shore. No one knows what to do with it yet.  Contains more than 4000 new Mercedes-Benz, a little wet however.

But . . . . Nobody else should go there !

That’s what I always say about Indian Shores.  Stay away, people.  

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Let’s take proactive measures to help each other at least in the mental health area. If you’re bouncing off the walls, feeling panic creep in, or just need a sympathetic ear, post it here and let’s work to encourage each other. We WILL get through this but it will take time. If you want to start the blame posts go somewhere else. Love you all!

Best advice I have for everyone...catch up on your sleep 😴.   Society is very sleep deprived plus you can’t worry and be upset if you are sleeping.  😊

• Like 2