Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and closings are getting trickier.....have to be able to record the mortgage and deed and more and more courthouses are closing down

Ugh. Well, the absolute latest that we’re supposed to be in our current rent house is mid May. Hopefully we’ll be able to pull it off by then. It was already going be stressful, even before this ###### virus, but now it’s gone up to 11.

And besides the usual reasons for being scared of getting sick, I have all this other stuff to think about as well. But who doesn’t? I guess I can’t really dwell on it... (Funny how quickly drum corps dropped as a concern for me. I don’t mean to minimize it for other folks but I sure have bigger fish to fry right now.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and closings are getting trickier.....have to be able to record the mortgage and deed and more and more courthouses are closing down

I had to go to the bank & courthouse yesterday; courthouse had one person in it & a tumbleweed rolled across the lobby.  My bank is closing all of their lobbies starting today utilizing drive-thru only.  Primary runoff has been postponed until summer.  I've never seen anything like what we're experiencing.  #surreal #FlattenTheCurve   

Edited by keystone3ply
addition

Went to Sr citizen hour at supermarket first hour they opened. Think next time I’ll go hour before they close. Dang lot of old people in my area (oh wait). Another supermarket 2 miles away and it’s crowded for time of day also (but Sr hour there already passed).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Went to Sr citizen hour at supermarket first hour they opened. Think next time I’ll go hour before they close. Dang lot of old people in my area (oh wait). Another supermarket 2 miles away and it’s crowd for time of day also (but Sr hour there already passed).

Did the same thing.

Not only crowded,but,for the most part,the people were extremely impolite.

I only needed to get dish detergent.

They had it,but the lines were so bad,I decided to come back later.

Hopefully that still have some.

Maybe I should have hid a bottle behind the fish food.    :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Did the same thing.

Not only crowded,but,for the most part,the people were extremely impolite.

I only needed to get dish detergent.

They had it,but the lines were so bad,I decided to come back later.

Hopefully that still have some.

Maybe I should have hid a bottle behind the fish food.    🙂

Scary part where I went is they don’t prepackage any meat except for big slams of ham. So ton of people not social distancing at the meat counter. Saw that and thought why freaking bother to take precautions. 
place doesn’t use numbers when waiting so everyone has to figure out who is next (stupid). So fear of losing place is bigger than fear of getting sick 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Scary part where I went is they don’t prepackage any meat except for big slams of ham. So ton of people not social distancing at the meat counter. Saw that and thought why freaking bother to take precautions. 
place doesn’t use numbers when waiting so everyone has to figure out who is next (stupid). So fear of losing place is bigger than fear of getting sick 🤯

I went to my local grocery store on Monday to see "if" their bakery had fresh bread.  To my surprise the shelves were full so I took advantage of it.

As I'm standing at the counter waiting for them to slice/package it, a little old lady walks up right next to me.  My first thought was "social distancing" so I stepped three feet away.  She then moved right next to me again.  I stepped another three feet away and she very quickly stood next to me again.  Thank goodness I then got my bread and walked away.

I started to chuckle to myself because if anyone was watching it would look like something out of Mr. Bean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, year1buick said:

Ugh. Well, the absolute latest that we’re supposed to be in our current rent house is mid May. Hopefully we’ll be able to pull it off by then. It was already going be stressful, even before this ###### virus, but now it’s gone up to 11.

And besides the usual reasons for being scared of getting sick, I have all this other stuff to think about as well. But who doesn’t? I guess I can’t really dwell on it... (Funny how quickly drum corps dropped as a concern for me. I don’t mean to minimize it for other folks but I sure have bigger fish to fry right now.)

Drum Corps isn’t even on the radar when I’m living the real life version of “Contagion”.    Hang in there, friend.  This too shall end. 

In other news, my doorknobs, cabinet handles, light switches, and all devices have never been more disinfected.

• Like 3

From my church:

During this time of physical separation, there is an even greater need to stay connected.  From Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky:

• "Every hand that we don't shake must become a phone call that we place."
  • "Every embrace that we avoid must become a verbal expression of warmth and concern."
  • "Every inch and every foot that we physically place between ourselves and another, must become a thought as to how we might be of help to that other, should the need arise."
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

It is the first day of Spring.   I just watched  SCV's  "Force of Nature".   I could not help but get a bit teared up.   

Have a pea gravel yard (xeriscaping) with the recent rain the Mexican Poppy's and the Indian Paint Brush are in full bloom.  It's a pain to clean up later but, so beautiful now. Spring has sprung and the surrounding desert is alive just amazingly wondrous.   

• Like 1