Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

16 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Right now, people are scared, not just about Covid-19 though that is more than a reasonable concern, but the unknown. We may have a chance to reach out, if not financially, but as a listening ear, a compassionate friend, or someone who can assist in other ways. Remember too when we help others, we may be changing their lives even though we do not know it.

I know where my check (less whatever tax is taken out) is going to go.  The Food Banks in AZ are hurting and they do so much good.  BTW I posted earlier regarding Tax day being moved from April 15 to July 15, no penalties or interest accessed.  The State of AZ has followed suit. Check your State Department of Revenue if this pertains to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yum, Yum 

possibly the most heart attack-inducing snack on the high street and  my favorite

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

You could also watch this bit of space opera that yours truly worked on, as Assistant Props. 🙂 (I also helped build the Tickle Tree.)

That was entertaining. Beats some of the other stuff on TV. First thing that came to my mind listening to the audio track is the ride at Disney Land "It's A Small World".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

That was entertaining. Beats some of the other stuff on TV. First thing that came to my mind listening to the audio track is the ride at Disney Land "It's A Small World".

The highlight for me was getting to sit across from a NASA space shuttle astronaut at lunch one day. (I probably sounded like Macaulay Culkin in Uncle Buck, when he kept asking questions.)

edit: I also got to sit and talk one day with the members of Riders in The Sky (different video) who sang Woody’s Roundup in Toy Story 2. That was fun too.

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 1

I got to go to the shop for a bit and organize wood. In my hobby that's a big deal. I even found a stash of Brazilian Rosewood from some stock I bought from Brunswick that they bought in 1951. Luckily isolation takes care of itself because nobody but me would go to that shop with all the spinning, whirring stuff going on. Then I cooked dinner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I like Hockey Dad's intention for this thread. I have decided to use unexpected and unwanted free time I have to organize my books, files, and photos. I came across a book called  "A Little Bit of Healing" by Brian D'Arcy. I'd like to share a feel good piece I posted on my Facebook page which has nothing to do with drum corps but I hope you enjoy it anyway. 

Right now, people are scared, not just about Covid-19 though that is more than a reasonable concern, but the unknown. We may have a chance to reach out, if not financially, but as a listening ear, a compassionate friend, or someone who can assist in other ways. Remember too when we help others, we may be changing their lives even though we do not know it.

talked about this on facebook in a topic i won't bring up here. that we don't know what we don't know is the issue. already today customers calling me panicking about being able to pay their mortgage with the PA shutdown ( luckily we have a team fully dedicated to that ready to take calls as of Monday). I didn't just give them the number and wish them luck.....i asked if they were ok, asked about spouses and kids....told them to keep me posted, and if they needed me to help get documents somewhere let me know. i can't solve their major concern, but hey, i'm a friendly voice. hopefully i helped ease their mind a little, and i know it eased my mind a little...our rep sucks in many deserved ways ( bank side far more than mortgage), but i am impressed with how we are stepping up just trying to be there for people 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I cleaned out my spice cabinet yesterday.  I found cumin from the Bush administration.  The first Bush.  I MOVED that stuff to a new house. 

We have hit the bottom of the barrel in keeping busy, yesterday. We have plastic hangers in a number of colors, so we spent the afternoon color-coding the hangers in our closets. I have blue, my wife now has he clothes hanging on pink and white, our front closet has green, and upstairs we have brown.  Misc colors are in the spare bedroom.

Pretty sad!     😃

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

What?  No DVD collection?  Then you better keep your internet device charged since goggle might become your newest BFF.  

Oh I have my collection, but the possibility of the season being cancelled is extremely depressing.