Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

We have hit the bottom of the barrel in keeping busy, yesterday. We have plastic hangers in a number of colors, so we spent the afternoon color-coding the hangers in our closets. I have blue, my wife now has he clothes hanging on pink and white, our front closet has green, and upstairs we have brown.  Misc colors are in the spare bedroom.

Pretty sad!     😃

OCD?

• Haha 4

My wife and I are finding it useful to get outside and walk on a regular basis...helps to clear the mind and stay grounded about the crisis. Additionally, my wife and I are limiting our exposure to the media. We're watching just enough to stay informed. Too much exposure to the media will get to you. Everyone please stay safe and positive!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dans said:

Additionally, my wife and I are limiting our exposure to the media. We're watching just enough to stay informed. Too much exposure to the media will get to you. Everyone please stay safe and positive!

My mental health routine too. Check on number of cases in US, PA and local and see if any new rules to follow. Do it few times a day via google and tv but just long enough for updates. Most of what has been on my tv is DVDs and silliest stuff I can find on the cable. Watched 1979 version of In Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin last night  and forgot how funny those two were.

ps - in case it was missed Kenny Rogers passed at 81...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

IFC Network is running a Monty Pythons Flying Circus marathon. I knew somebody would. I don't do the whole social media thing really, so I'm not currently being inundated with Covid-19 news from 1000 sources. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

My wife and I are finding it useful to get outside and walk on a regular basis...helps to clear the mind and stay grounded about the crisis. Additionally, my wife and I are limiting our exposure to the media. We're watching just enough to stay informed. Too much exposure to the media will get to you. Everyone please stay safe and positive!

We have been walking with neighbors usually twice a day, totaling between 4 and 5 miles. We do not turn on the TV until our ‘normal’ 5:00 news show. We do get news online during the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dans said:

Yes!

As an additional precaution, I am staying at least six feet away from the TV.  (That is to keep the TV safe.)

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

We have been walking with neighbors usually twice a day, totaling between 4 and 5 miles. We do not turn on the TV until our ‘normal’ 5:00 news show. We do get news online during the day.

The Mrs. had both cataracts removed recently so her quilting time is way down.  She just started sewing for short periods. d Gyms are still open so my M-W-F 2 1/2-3 hour workout continues.  Softball leagues are shut down for now, but I'll hit with another guy or off my T.  Recent rains throughout the SW have slowed down that activity.

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

We’re watching movies today and drinking watermelon margaritas. Watching the Birdcage! reminds me of the Stud. Oh my! Will things ever be the same again? 

I followed a link from a post yesterday and watched Cinderella 1965 on Youtube Movies which was great. They are offering many good ones for free. It's nice to get away from all the hand-wringing.

• Like 4