Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

56 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I watched up until Hershel died.  He reminded me of my Grandfather.  Got my wife hooked & now she's obsessed with it.  She has a private FB group with about 900+ fans.  She & some friends have been to Senoia, GA a couple of times.  I may start watching again but it's several seasons to catch up.  Maybe a good time during lock down!  

The end of last week’s episode 💯

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It snowed here today. 

Wow. It was rainy and in the 50’s here yesterday, 60’s today and is supposed to be in the 90’s by the end of the week.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Wow. It was rainy and in the 50’s here yesterday, 60’s today and is supposed to be in the 90’s by the end of the week.

I really thought I could get out and walk but it’s either rained, or today, snowed every day. I have hit the treadmill daily.  

I need to get permission to have the tv for 5 hours. rise of the skywalker on amazon prime plus 2+ hours of bonus content for 19.95

So, even though I’ve gotten a couple of job offers, no one knows when exactly they would be able to start me. And today, this came down from the Governor’s office: (the added text isn’t mine)

From TSBDE:Executive Order No. GA-09

In his press conference today, Governor Abbott issued an executive order restricting healthcare professionals and facilities.  According to the Executive Order No. GA-09, “beginning now and continuing until 11:59 p.m. on April 21, 2020, all licensed health care professionals and all licensed health care facilities shall postpone all surgeries and procedures that are not immediately medically necessary to correct a serious medical condition of, or to preserve the life of, a patient who without immediate performance of the surgery or procedure would be at risk for serious adverse medical consequences or death, as determined by the patient’s physician;”

“PROVIDED, however, that this prohibition shall not apply to any procedure that, if performed in accordance with the commonly accepted standard of clinical practice, would not deplete the hospital capacity or the personal protective equipment needed to cope with the COVID- 19 disaster.” 

Since the Governor is addressing a shortage of hospital capacity, it is imperative that dental clinicians care for emergency patients in a timely manner rather than referring them to emergency facilities.  The governor also pointed out in his comments that violation of executive orders could lead to potential fines and even jail time for those who do not comply.

So... Now we all have to decide what qualifies as a emergency. Not everyone agrees, but the general consensus is pain and/or infection. But it’s ultimately up to us treating doctors to decide.

Another problem is, most offices don’t have sufficient or proper PPE. Surgical masks won’t cut it and even N95 masks aren’t a guarantee to prevent cross transfer of the virus. I, personally, wouldn’t feel comfortable doing a surgical extraction with only a regular mask. So I guess it’s good that I’m on a forced hiatus? 

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Week two of social distancing.  I haven’t left the house since last Monday.  When do we know when it’s over?  

Probably when a state/federal politician says the coast is officially cleared.  Could be a week or so after the last death is announced.  For you and Jim, may it be before you're scheduled to move.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Week two of social distancing.  I haven’t left the house since last Monday. 

When do we know when it’s over?  

For what it's worth, my friend in Japan told me last night that he thought some things were returning to normal there.  He's in Tokyo. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It snowed here today. 

Rain here with severe weather predicted tomorrow.  In the event of tornado warnings, officials are advising to prioritize severe weather safety over COVID-19 & sit shoulder to shoulder in a public storm shelter.  This things are arched metal tubes that are about 10' wide x 30' long with bench seating.  I'll take my chances at home with an Ultra, thank you. :guinesssmilie:  

Edited by keystone3ply
correction
  • Like 1