Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

That's a funny name for a store of spirits.  But it should have had a "B" for the last name.  "Bunny's Beverage Bungalow", "Bunny's Beverage Box", or similar. :guinesssmilie::dancin:

Binny’s.  #### autocorrect.  It’s a big chain around here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, year1buick said:

There are still some nutters here who insist we never joined the union and even carry Republic of Texas IDs. (I share a surname with the last President of the Republic. No relation that I’m aware of.)

Sam Houston?

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes.  #### autocorrect. 

Don’t you love the shirtheads who invented auto correct?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes re autocorect  - but I remember in ~ 1987 when we got the Spell Check add-on to Word Perfect - & it was AWESOME

Good old word perfect lol. I was talking to Britt a few days ago about our first computers. I got an Apple 2+ when it came out and had to learn logo and Pascal to do anything with it. I remember my Leading Edge D2 and loaded Windows 3.11 on it. And when I first went to work for AT&T in 98' as a contractor, we got state of the art Pentium 60's. If you remember the horror that was Windows ME, I was one of the folks that helped write the tech manuals for it (I'm sorry BTW...I know it was a horrible OS.) Now my phone will do FAR more than any of those old systems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Good old word perfect lol. I was talking to Britt a few days ago about our first computers. I got an Apple 2+ when it came out and had to learn logo and Pascal to do anything with it. I remember my Leading Edge D2 and loaded Windows 3.11 on it. And when I first went to work for AT&T in 98' as a contractor, we got state of the art Pentium 60's. If you remember the horror that was Windows ME, I was one of the folks that helped write the tech manuals for it (I'm sorry BTW...I know it was a horrible OS.) Now my phone will do FAR more than any of those old systems.

Some months ago I helped a young relative deal with something they had never seen before - a DOS prompt

C:\>

C:\DOS>

C:\DOS\Run>

Run DOS Run

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I am encouraged by this:

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Spring break partier apologizes after viral 'if I get corona, I get corona' comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2020/03/24/spring-break-party-florida-apologizes-coronavirus-comments/2906379001/

• Like 1