Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What’s going on with you two?  Feeling okay? 

edit : misread the intent. Hope this all improves soon

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Feeling well. We're currently waiting on test results which may take another day. She's got some shortness of breath but it's gone away and come back. She has some anxiety issues and is scared to death so that may be contributing (heavily IMHO) but we will feel much better when we get results. The state finally got her logins and I set her up a workstation for when they clear her. 

I’m praying for you both.  I heard the test is no fun. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m praying for you both.  I heard the test is no fun. 

Thanks Terri. It's a giant qtip up the nose about 4 or so inches. The waiting is the hard part.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thanks Terri. It's a giant qtip up the nose about 4 or so inches. The waiting is the hard part.

Uggggh have had about a foot of a scope shoved up there to check sinuses but at least that was flexible.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not a dude but I can only imagine what it’s like getting a catheter. 😳

I'm lucky in that I've never had to have one. My only surgery thus far was for a huge hernia. Apparently, I had all sorts of things to say about using superglue (CA) for wounds. I hurt myself almost every time I build a cue and I buy CA by the quart for finishing cues. It's great for wounds and according to what Britt states I told the nurses, I know "more about superglue than most people." Granted, I was high as #### when I told them this. I also learned that I don't wake up well from anesthesia. 

• Like 1

220px-TeleGames-Atari-Pong.png

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I found a Fortran punch-card program in attic a few years ago & tried to explain it to my kids.  They looked at me like I had grown a third hand out of my forehead 

That's hilarious lol. I found my original pong game up in the attic of moms house a few years ago. It was the brown version on the one above and I think we got it from Sears. 

People don't get that computers didn't do anything in the 80s. You had to learn to program them to make them do anything. And then disc drives came out and that opened things up considerably. I also found my disc nipper upstairs to turn single sides floppy discs into double sides discs....which we kept in the freezer....

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

My company still has an old HP 86 desk top,that we use on occasion.

Back in the 80's,HP had the best Land Surveying software.

And,their HP 41 handheld computer used the same nomenclature.

The Hp 86 had/has  one of the only programs that could solve what is known as a

non-tangent curve.

• Like 1