Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

I see what’s happening here:  mods closed the Dan Acheson thread. Someone - please - open a new thread dedicated to those who want to vent to the complaint dept. it’s an area of need. 

54 minutes ago, Continental said:Along with everyone else since most barbers/hair salons are closed.

Maybe its time for some to pull out the 'ole Flowbee from that corner in the basement.

RickH.jpg

I have about 1/4 inch gray growth and my nails are over two weeks without a mani today.  I guess we’ll find out what everyone’s real hair color is when we emerge from our cocoons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I see what’s happening here:  mods closed the Dan Acheson thread. Someone - please - open a new thread dedicated to those who want to vent to the complaint dept. it’s an area of need. 

I'm surprised no one took that initiative already. we will be trying harder to keep threads on topic/purpose.

6 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Good call, John !

To all readers, I ask, please don’t “feed the Beast” of despair.  Hope is what we need most.

I agree. Hope is my wife’s name.

• Like 3

This made me laugh….Heard a convincing doctor saying that staying at home as much as we have to, we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start, and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, and I decided to finish off a bottle of Merlot I found, then a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rifle now. Sned this to all who need inner pees. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Also my church is now webcasting Sunday service and has link to last weeks service. Just weird seeing a service with only a pianist (pre service music) and the ministers. All keeping social distance 

My mother is now referring to her churches webcasting as "The matress miracle" since she can lay in bed and go to church at the same time. 

As I've read through some of the testing FAQ's from Labcorp, I'm a little confused on how you are supposed to get your results. Labcorp says that they will notify your pcp if the result is positive but not if it's negative. So if I follow that logic then "no news is good news." But the pcp is saying they'll call with results regardless....but how will they know UNLESS it's a positive result. The stress and anxiety of not knowing can cause symptoms in and of itself. Plus, you don't know what to do if you don't what your status is. Lack of communication is horrible.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My mother is now referring to her churches webcasting as "The matress miracle" since she can lay in bed and go to church at the same time.  

Depending on the religion, does she have to get out of bed to kneel, or just kneel while in bed?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

As I've read through some of the testing FAQ's from Labcorp, I'm a little confused on how you are supposed to get your results. Labcorp says that they will notify your pcp if the result is positive but not if it's negative. So if I follow that logic then "no news is good news." But the pcp is saying they'll call with results regardless....but how will they know UNLESS it's a positive result. The stress and anxiety of not knowing can cause symptoms in and of itself. Plus, you don't know what to do if you don't what your status is. Lack of communication is horrible.

Just had a communication mixup with audiologist at Hershey Med. I went out and bought food yesterday but left cell in car as I forgot it. Sure enough the office called twice but I did not have the direct number in history. So call main switchboard and no one could tell me reason for call. Today house phone rings at 8am and almost ignored it as 99% scam artists. Something told me so.... answered and was audiologist office trying this number as didn’t answer the cell phone.

Yeah with this... you need to know one way or the other. Imagine if a mixup calling and a person who tests positive goes out thinking they are clear.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Also my church is now webcasting Sunday service and has link to last weeks service. Just weird seeing a service with only a pianist (pre service music) and the ministers. All keeping social distance 

Aside to Jeff... there is a Max kids sermon (one pastors wolf hand puppet for everyone else). Deals with the senses and something about if Pastor Brock smells or not 😆 

Maybe a good thing traditional service  does not have kids sermons. 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari