Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

45 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My mother is now referring to her churches webcasting as "The matress miracle" since she can lay in bed and go to church at the same time. 

I call that worshiping at St. Matress!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Depending on the religion, does she have to get out of bed to kneel, or just kneel while in bed?

Hmmmm....that's an excellent question!! Catholic so probably have to get up to kneel. Which reminds me of when I "borrowed" one of the nuns' clickers before daily mass in primary school. They would click to tell us when to sit, stand and kneel. Needless to say, I got caught and the Sisters of Mercy (Sisters of no mercy) lived up to their reputation.

• Haha 1

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Amazon.com: Diamond Select Toys Star Trek Electronic ...

"Excuse me...is that a Bichon or a Tribble?"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Aside to Jeff... there is a Max kids sermon (one pastors wolf hand puppet for everyone else). Deals with the senses and something about if Pastor Brock smells or not 😆 

Maybe a good thing traditional service  does not have kids sermons. 😈

They have kids sermons now?!!?! Every sermon I ever heard was pretty much "You're all going to ####." Granted it was a Jesuit primary and secondary school. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

"Excuse me...is that a Bichon or a Tribble?"

There’s teeth in there somewhere.... 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

They have kids sermons now?!!?! Every sermon I ever heard was pretty much "You're all going to ####." Granted it was a Jesuit primary and secondary school. 

#### heathenous Lutherans....

inside joke as went to Mass a few times with a Catholic lady. “So is the priest going to throw holy water at me. You know see if I melt like wicked witch of the west”. 😈

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

#### heathenous Lutherans....

inside joke as went to Mass a few times with a Catholic lady. “So is the priest going to throw holy water at me. You know see if I melt like wicked witch of the west”. 😈

You heard my story about getting Holy water thrown on me in religion class. 

Also, I remember when I got my first divorce, I went to go see Father Mike for some advice. We talked awhile and then when I went to leave he put his arm around and whispered in my ear "You better get your #### together." Lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My mother is now referring to her churches webcasting as "The matress miracle" since she can lay in bed and go to church at the same time. 

As I've read through some of the testing FAQ's from Labcorp, I'm a little confused on how you are supposed to get your results. Labcorp says that they will notify your pcp if the result is positive but not if it's negative. So if I follow that logic then "no news is good news." But the pcp is saying they'll call with results regardless....but how will they know UNLESS it's a positive result. The stress and anxiety of not knowing can cause symptoms in and of itself. Plus, you don't know what to do if you don't what your status is. Lack of communication is horrible.

That sucks. Hang in there. We are all learning as we go and process will improve. Meanwhile exercise your faith!  That’s what it’s for!  Visualize me with a ruler in my hand walking towards you. Let the Catholic School PTSD wash away your fear. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 1