Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

31 minutes ago, year1buick said:

This looks like it would be fun.

I managed to get the giganto-beast working mostly working today. I'm hoping by the time get it all built and running perfect, I'll figure out how to program some pretty sweet g-code. I guess being quarantined isn't 100% bad. 

20180621-162753.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I managed to get the giganto-beast working mostly working today. I'm hoping by the time get it all built and running perfect, I'll figure out how to program some pretty sweet g-code. I guess being quarantined isn't 100% bad. 

20180621-162753.jpg

Have you lined up the uranium?  I know a guy who knows a guy.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

20180621-162753.jpg

That's a custom wood milling machine, Right?

Did you design it?

Looks pretty awesome.

7 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

That's a custom wood milling machine, Right?

Did you design it?

Looks pretty awesome.

Kinda sorta Rich lol. It is, in fact, for wood and more specifically for pool cues. But with the right router (this one's a kress 1050) it will cut steel or aluminum at slow speeds. It's basically a souped up 6ft x 4ft 4 axis cnc mill. I've added a vacuum table and a rotary axis on a separate bed. 

I didn't design it at all. Xymox really did the frame for this years ago and I just added stuff to it to make it more specific to cues. It's taken this long to get it set up. I did all my inlay by hand for years, then went to a big pantograph mill and now finally to cnc. Fun stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Kinda sorta Rich lol. It is, in fact, for wood and more specifically for pool cues. But with the right router (this one's a kress 1050) it will cut steel or aluminum at slow speeds. It's basically a souped up 6ft x 4ft 4 axis cnc mill. I've added a vacuum table and a rotary axis on a separate bed. 

I didn't design it at all. Xymox really did the frame for this years ago and I just added stuff to it to make it more specific to cues. It's taken this long to get it set up. I did all my inlay by hand for years, then went to a big pantograph mill and now finally to cnc. Fun stuff. 

That's super. I was interested in woodworking for a while. I built all of my own furniture before going to school and going into HVAC as a A/C technician.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

That's super. I was interested in woodworking for a while. I built all of my own furniture before going to school and going into HVAC as a A/C technician.

I actually want to learn to build furniture one day. I have all the stuff except a planer but I don't have room lol. 2 metal lathes (though very light framed and specialized,) band saws, cnc, milling machine, drill press etc etc etc...the shop is just too small.