Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I actually want to learn to build furniture one day. I have all the stuff except a planer but I don't have room lol. 2 metal lathes (though very light framed and specialized,) band saws, cnc, milling machine, drill press etc etc etc...the shop is just too small. 

Since it’s your money and not mine, why not get a bigger shop?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Since it’s your money and not mine, why not get a bigger shop?

One day lol. When dad passed, I inherited the house and my mom moved down to Florida to their other house. Dad had the shop built so he could learn woodworking but just never was able to do much. He asked me to move all the cue making stuff into the shop a few years before he passed. I didn't think at the time that my little hobby would turn into what it has. Give me another 10 years and I'll be famous....as long as you're REALLY into high dollar pool cues (which is pretty niche lol.) 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Give me another 10 years and I'll be famous....as long as you're REALLY into high dollar pool cues (which is pretty niche lol.) 

Remind your clients that when they win a tournament, you'd like them to have a picture taken with your name shown whether on the cue or a ball cap with your name.  Works for skiers.

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It is, in fact, for wood and more specifically for pool cues. But with the right router (this one's a kress 1050) it will cut steel or aluminum at slow speeds. It's basically a souped up 6ft x 4ft 4 axis cnc mill. I've added a vacuum table and a rotary axis on a separate bed.    I did all my inlay by hand for years, then went to a big pantograph mill and now finally to cnc. Fun stuff. 

Huh?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Huh?

It puts shiny, pretty things in wood by use of magic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Remind your clients that when they win a tournament, you'd like them to have a picture taken with your name shown whether on the cue or a ball cap with your name.  Works for skiers.

Yep! I've thought about getting hand towels embroidered and giving them to player friends of mine. I'm pretty well known in my region. But we've got some cats down south who are at the absolute top of the custom cue ma king world. All good friends of mine. 

• Like 1

On one of the closed threads there was a pic of George C Scott in Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Love the Bomb.

see TCM is showing that tonight starting 6:15 East coast time. 

for those looking for a time killer with a “different” type of movie... or like to see Slim Pickins riddling something different lol

• Haha 3

So in my county there are:

691 cases

17 deaths

All hospitals are at capacity   

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

So in my county there are:

691 cases

17 deaths

All hospitals are at capacity   

We're at day 6 now awaiting test results of our 4 to 5 day turnaround. We we're told that the "hope" is that results come in tomorrow so we know what direction we need to go. Britts' mom is immune compromised and is at the house quite a bit so we are pretty anxious. 

On another note....6 days together literally 24/7 has shockingly only resulted in one argument!! I spent quite a bit of time in the shop today though lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We're at day 6 now awaiting test results of our 4 to 5 day turnaround. We we're told that the "hope" is that results come in tomorrow so we know what direction we need to go. Britts' mom is immune compromised and is at the house quite a bit so we are pretty anxious. 

On another note....6 days together literally 24/7 has shockingly only resulted in one argument!! I spent quite a bit of time in the shop today though lol.

(But that argument is now in day 3).

😂

• Haha 2