Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Should've been April 30th in the first place. 

Actually, scratch that, should be extended through May as well. 

Yeah maybe Americans will learn thru this we don’t have all the answers NOW and will have to adjust as events occur.

Really hope we learn that we’re not that special. IOW if something is hitting the rest of the world it’s not going to skip us or things will be different here

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

Pure genius from a large rodent!  The fellas wound like to invite you over for dinner:

That's how I act when I get out of bed in the morning until I have my coffee & my wife cooks breakfast.  The problem is she never cooks breakfast & I have to brew my coffee. :offtopic:   (The preceding statements were meant for humor & encouragement.)

Edited by keystone3ply
addition
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

That's how I act when I get out of bed in the morning until I have my coffee & my wife cooks breakfast.  The problem is she never cooks breakfast & I have to brew my coffee. :offtopic:   (The preceding statements were meant for humor & encouragement.)

I don’t have that much energy until my caffeine. Well.. or even after it either...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

It may be. But, you don’t eat the elephant in one sitting. Giving hope, extend as needed based on where things are when we get closer. 

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Seems like you’ve been away from here for a long time?  Welcome back. 

Sooo I see this in my newsfeed today. https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2020-03-29/instacart-workers-seek-strike-as-jobs-get-busier-riskier

I read an article a few days ago that saline spray may be good to use to avoid the virus.  Today, I read this. https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/25/allergy-experts-questioning-nasal-sprays-due-to-coronavirus-concerns

I don’t know what to think anymore.  Have a nice day. 

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sooo I see this in my newsfeed today. https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2020-03-29/instacart-workers-seek-strike-as-jobs-get-busier-riskier

I read an article a few days ago that saline spray may be good to use to avoid the virus.  Today, I read this. https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/25/allergy-experts-questioning-nasal-sprays-due-to-coronavirus-concerns

I don’t know what to think anymore.  Have a nice day. 

So much different and sometimes conflicting information out there.  Whenever I hear anything I go to Google to see who reported it and if other non-affiliated news outlets are reporting the same thing.   I have friends who get their information from Facebook - some of it is really out there.  Whenever I hear anything from them my first question is "Where did you hear that from?"  When they answer "Facebook" my first reply is that they might want to check if the same information is being reported anywhere else.

I live in an area that has a high number of positive cases and a lot of senior citizens so when I go out to the local grocery store I make sure to wear a mask and gloves.   I see a lot of people doing the same thing.  I was in line at the cash a few days ago and noticed they put social distancing markers leading up to each cash.  The woman 6 feet behind me saw I was wearing a mask and remarked that I was wearing it wrong - I was wearing it correctly (funny she wasn't wearing a mask).  She then told me that the best face mask is actually a maxi-pad.  I replied "I won't be doing that."  Yeah, I saw the photo posted last week of a guy in China doing the same thing.   

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2

Test results finally came back this morning (10 days) as negative. Now we have to get Britts doctors to release her to work from home. They keep saying they don't do that and we keep saying "Just calling the state and saying 'my test results came back negative...trust me' isn't going to fly." You put the quarantine in place and wrote the paperwork, write a new one. Doesn't exactly take Wile E Coyote (suuuper genius) to figure that s### out folks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Test results finally came back this morning (10 days) as negative. Now we have to get Britts doctors to release her to work from home. They keep saying they don't do that and we keep saying "Just calling the state and saying 'my test results came back negative...trust me' isn't going to fly." You put the quarantine in place and wrote the paperwork, write a new one. Doesn't exactly take Wile E Coyote (suuuper genius) to figure that s### out folks.

Glad you’re both negative.  Now you have to deal with bureaucratic BS.  

• Thanks 1