Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just texted someone and they think they might have had mild case of coronavirus early February (before the crap really hit the fan). Husband reminded her she lost ability to smell and taste (symptoms) for a bit. Also she just can’t remember that too well as if something was going on with memory.

Just saw US does not have any (or many) test kits for antibody testing after recovery. Reason is ramping up for testing for having the virus. 

Just something else to think about while we stare at the walls.

We had a HUGE outbreak of "flu not flu" in the call center in late November through the first 3 weeks of December. All flu like symptoms but no one who went to the doctor had the flu. It RIPPED through one of my classes (like over 50% got sick....so 12 out of 24 at least.) I pitched a huge fit to HR because 1. I don't want sick people in my class infecting me and everyone else and 2. Because hourly employees can only miss one day out of a 30 day training cycle or they are up for termination. They #### really hit the fan when I sent HR the CDC guidelines for working when you have flu like symptoms with fever. I was told to basically "stay in your lane." 

Retrospect is always interesting. Needless to say, my thought since this whole thing hit the news has been that it was already here back then and just wasn't fully mutated. But I'm not a scientist....I'm just a drummer who can actually count to potato.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just texted someone and they think they might have had mild case of coronavirus early February (before the crap really hit the fan). Husband reminded her she lost ability to smell and taste (symptoms) for a bit. Also she just can’t remember that too well as if something was going on with memory.

Just saw US does not have any (or many) test kits for antibody testing after recovery. Reason is ramping up for testing for having the virus. 

Just something else to think about while we stare at the walls.

Jim had something when we were in Florida. It was 2/17 or 18 when he started to not feel too great.  He took mucinex.  I don’t know if he lost his sense of taste or smell.  I didn’t catch it from him.

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim had something when we were in Florida. It was 2/17 or 18 when he started to not feel too great.  He took mucinex.  I don’t know if he lost his sense of taste or smell.  I didn’t catch it from him.

And the person I know was in FL also. Not sure if they lost taste/smell before, during or after. Roughly in FL 2/20-2/25.

Spooky thing was she was at my retirement luncheon and coughed a few times. She then told everyone “it’s not corona, I have bad allergies” (she does have them bad).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And the person I know was in FL also. Not sure if they lost taste/smell before, during or after. Roughly in FL 2/20-2/25.

Spooky thing was she was at my retirement luncheon and coughed a few times. She then told everyone “it’s not corona, I have bad allergies” (she does have them bad).

Jim emerged from the office.  He said he did lose a bit of his sense of taste and smell.  He said he didn’t feel well for close to two weeks but not terrible.  I didn’t have any symptoms.  We did fly but we didn’t sit by anyone else because Jim’s employer has a program where you pay for coach but you get first class.  We didn’t know.  I thought he had a cold. I hope he didn’t infect anyone. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim emerged from the office.  He said he did lose a bit of his sense of taste and smell.  He said he didn’t feel well for close to two weeks but not terrible.  I didn’t have any symptoms.  We did fly but we didn’t sit by anyone else because Jim’s employer has a program where you pay for coach but you get first class.  We didn’t know.  I thought he had a cold. I hope he didn’t infect anyone. 

I heard the the last three sentences. When I heard last night I started counting how long since I saw this person last. Came up with 4 weeks and few days.... started breathing easier. We sat right across the table from each other for about 90 minutes. 🤭

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

that was also the height of our allergy season here - lots of pollen in the air.  we were all feeling ill, most being diagnosed as sinusitis because of the productive coughing which at the time was different than the flu or COVID.  Now, who knows? 

4 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

that was also the height of our allergy season here - lots of pollen in the air.  we were all feeling ill, most being diagnosed as sinusitis because of the productive coughing which at the time was different than the flu or COVID.  Now, who knows? 

I know, right?   Things that make you go hmmm ....  

3 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

We need a vote for ‘zackly.... (exactly)....

And your old state had the most miserable (Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure rip off) winter. One day cold, damp and miserable and then warm and sunny. Kept changing so much and so drastically lot of some kind of sickness always going around.