Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 minute ago, Continental said:

The loss of taste and smell has many causes - including the common cold. 

Any idea of allergies? Person I’m talking about has had allergies for years but never heard a complaint about taste. Stuffed up a lot but taste never wacked out that I can remember 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim emerged from the office.  He said he did lose a bit of his sense of taste and smell.  He said he didn’t feel well for close to two weeks but not terrible.  I didn’t have any symptoms.  We did fly but we didn’t sit by anyone else because Jim’s employer has a program where you pay for coach but you get first class.  We didn’t know.  I thought he had a cold. I hope he didn’t infect anyone. 

It's all so hard to say honestly. I'm just not one to really think that stuff just pops up and goes rampant in such a short period of time. I just get the feeling that it was here LONG before we knew about it and it just mutated when the time came. I've been working in call centers for 22 years and I have NEVER seen anything quite like the November / December outbreak. I estimated sometime last year that I've trained well over 5000 agents and managers in that time and the majority have school aged kids, so it's a giant petri dish. We don't know what we don't know. 

Today my daily task is to find an office chair that doesn't cost $499. 

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

I will worry about losing my sense of taste when I start liking furniture like this beautiful sofa.....

sofa.png?w=1400

I'm trying to think of any situation where I would think that looks good. Looks like something straight out of "the VIP room."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

I will worry about losing my sense of taste when I start liking furniture like this beautiful sofa.....

sofa.png?w=1400

There are seeing eye dogs and hearing ear dogs, so if it happens, you can always get a tasting tongue dog.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any idea of allergies? Person I’m talking about has had allergies for years but never heard a complaint about taste. Stuffed up a lot but taste never walked out that I can remember 

From what I have read yes, chronic allergies can affect the sense of taste.  Maybe it just wasn't that noticeable until the word "Coronavirus" was attached the symptom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

sofa.png?w=1400

Used to live in a mobile home while saving up for house payments. Still had first couch I ever bought and it was second hand. Chocolate (####) brown leatherette. Bottom cushion was from a patio couch and covered with brown cloth. Girlfriend hated it and I finally order a new one. Day after scheduled delivery she stopped by and the POS was still there. “What happened?”. 
“well I found out something new about mobile homes. The door is slightly more narrow and.... they couldn’t get the couch through  the door.”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

From what I have read yes, chronic allergies can affect the sense of taste.  Maybe it just wasn't that noticeable until the word "Coronavirus" was attached the symptom. 

I certainly don’t want to minimize anyone’s experiences or concerns, but if I apply some of the logic currently flying around on social and conventional media, I have had COVID 19 around 250 times in my life.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I certainly don’t want to minimize anyone’s experiences or concerns, but if I apply some of the logic currently flying around on social and conventional media, I have had COVID 19 around 250 times in my life.  

Understand that... person I know would like to find out it they had it but of course medical community swamped with everything else. Would be nice to know if she is safe so she can shop for bunch of people with peace of mind.

Speaking of which time to pile some Clorox wipes in a baggie and hit the weekly food run. Less crowded now than the Sr hour at the start of the day....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understand that... person I know would like to find out it they had it but of course medical community swamped with everything else. Would be nice to know if she is safe so she can shop for bunch of people with peace of mind.

Speaking of which time to pile some Clorox wipes in a baggie and hit the weekly food run. Less crowded now than the Sr hour at the start of the day....

You have CLOROX WIPES?!?!? I haven't seen one of those in a coons age (or approximately 3 weeks using the Covid 19 time scale.)

• Haha 2