Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow!  I bought one for Jim for $99 from Costco. 

I dare not venture to "The Costco" as I would then be required to take a bath in acid or something to remove the possibility of a virus being on me. I may venture Ollies Discount Outlet later since nobody went there even BEFORE the virus.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Hang tight. See what it looks like in a month!

i know what it'll look like. i stopped wanting that look about 30 years ago

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We had a HUGE outbreak of "flu not flu" in the call center in late November through the first 3 weeks of December. All flu like symptoms but no one who went to the doctor had the flu. It RIPPED through one of my classes (like over 50% got sick....so 12 out of 24 at least.) I pitched a huge fit to HR because 1. I don't want sick people in my class infecting me and everyone else and 2. Because hourly employees can only miss one day out of a 30 day training cycle or they are up for termination. They #### really hit the fan when I sent HR the CDC guidelines for working when you have flu like symptoms with fever. I was told to basically "stay in your lane." 

Retrospect is always interesting. Needless to say, my thought since this whole thing hit the news has been that it was already here back then and just wasn't fully mutated. But I'm not a scientist....I'm just a drummer who can actually count to potato.

we had one roll thru the area in January...one school district reported 25% absenteeism a day for a week

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Arrived for senior hour (8-9) at Costco at 7:40.  Around 150 people, mostly couples, spread out.  But, it was 8:30 when I carried out the few items bought.

My usual place has a meat counter that is only place to get fresh meat. Also no take a number so everyone mobbed at the counter so they don’t lose their place. Saw a pic of my backup place and seniors mobbed at front door waiting for it to open. At a place I hardly go to but not crowded... and only single rolls of Woodys wood chip toilet paper and no clorox or other wipes 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I dare not venture to "The Costco" as I would then be required to take a bath in acid or something to remove the possibility of a virus being on me. I may venture Ollies Discount Outlet later since nobody went there even BEFORE the virus.

Hey Ollie’s started in my home area.... great when Ollie was alive as his ads had the funniest stories how he got the stuff. When Cabbage Patch kids were hot Ollie got a bunch from a store that caught fire. Story was a/c pumped the smoke into the toy area. “If you don’t mind wrapping that smells smoky, the dolls are ok”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My usual place has a meat counter that is only place to get fresh meat. Also no take a number so everyone mobbed at the counter so they don’t lose their place. Saw a pic of my backup place and seniors mobbed at front door waiting for it to open. At a place I hardly go to but not crowded... and only single rolls of Woodys wood chip toilet paper and no clorox or other wipes 

Britt went to go get her laptop dock from the office this morning (long "I told you so" story there...but what the h### do I know,) and said that all the liquor stores were open at 8am. Welcome to work from home Tennessee! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

You could have it delivered.  Free delivery, too. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

5 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Britt went to go get her laptop dock from the office this morning (long "I told you so" story there...but what the h### do I know,) and said that all the liquor stores were open at 8am. Welcome to work from home Tennessee! 

PA only has delivery I think. Know we closed day AFTER St Patrick’s Day