Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I dare not venture to "The Costco" as I would then be required to take a bath in acid or something to remove the possibility of a virus being on me. I may venture Ollies Discount Outlet later since nobody went there even BEFORE the virus.

There is an Ollie's about 15 minutes from me, in Toms River. I have not had the...er...pleasure of going there, but my wife stocked up on some stuff for a project her grand-niece is doing for girl scouts.

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

I think a problem with that is you really have to try the office chair first before buying.  Some look comfortable but aren't.

I bought one for Jim a few years ago and he’s sitting in it right now.  
it seems as if you’re looking to be contentious with me.  I have no idea why. 

20 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Britt went to go get her laptop dock from the office this morning (long "I told you so" story there...but what the h### do I know,) and said that all the liquor stores were open at 8am. Welcome to work from home Tennessee! 

Liquor stores are considered an essential service here.  They stopped accepting cash payments however.   Credit or debit cards only now.   

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

it seems as if you’re looking to be contentious with me.  I have no idea why. 

No - not at all.  There was nothing in what you posted to be contentious with at all.

I posted that from personal experience when I bought an office chair. 

Maybe I'm just difficult when buying a chair.  The one I ended up buying is losing it's pleather surface 2 years later - and it took me a week of testing chairs to finally choose it.  I had to put a cloth on it to prevent all the loose pleather from sticking to me when I get up from it. 

Edited by Continental

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

Liquor stores are considered an essential service here.  They stopped accepting cash payments however.   Credit or debit cards only now.   

Don't know where "here"  is.

But they are considered "essential " in N.J.

The Record had an article on  this today.

One of main reasons is avoid forcing  people with alcohol 

dependency  into withdrawal and possibly into the hospital.

My brother is an alcoholic.

Once he tried to quit "cold turkey".

He had severe withdrawal symptoms ,including "the shakes",tremors and hallucinations.

Ended up in the hospital.

They had to give him Valium, or something like it ,help him "detox" and prevent seizures.

He was there for a few days.

So I can understand not wanting more people to end up in the E.R.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Don't know where "here"  is.

But they are considered "essential " in N.J.

The Record had an article on  this today.

One of main reasons is avoid forcing  people with alcohol 

dependency  into withdrawal and possibly into the hospital.

My brother is an alcoholic.

Once he tried to quit "cold turkey".

He had severe withdrawal symptoms ,including "the shakes",tremors and hallucinations.

Ended up in the hospital.

They had to give him Valium, or something like it ,help him "detox" and prevent seizures.

He was there for a few days.

So I can understand not wanting more people to end up in the E.R

Never thought of that thanks. Had an extended family member who was an alcoholic. Every time he went in for surgery (hip, knee, etc) he’d be good for 48 hours and then have visual hallucinations for the next 24. Had back surgery and 3 days later went into a coma for weeks. Best guess is he lied about his drinking and went into bad withdrawal.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You could have it delivered.  Free delivery, too. 

I may do that. Beggars can't be choosers at this point. I would order online but everyone's online sites are SOOOOOO leggy right now. I'm sure it's because of the number of people shopping online. I may just venture to Olies and see what they have. I did manage to order some disinfectant spray that will be here thursday. Every store has been out for over 3 weeks now which I find insane. 

I also went to Harbor Freight yesterday to get some nitrate gloves. They were out because they donated their entire stock of masks, gloves and faceshields from every store in the US to local hospitals. They now have a life long customer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I may do that. Beggars can't be choosers at this point. I would order online but everyone's online sites are SOOOOOO leggy right now. I'm sure it's because of the number of people shopping online. I may just venture to Olies and see what they have. I did manage to order some disinfectant spray that will be here thursday. Every store has been out for over 3 weeks now which I find insane. 

I also went to Harbor Freight yesterday to get some nitrate gloves. They were out because they donated their entire stock of masks, gloves and faceshields from every store in the US to local hospitals. They now have a life long customer.

Harbor Freight has been great community stewards before all of this.  Great place to buy tools but do have to pay attention to the quality of the stuff there. some good, some garbage. I spend too much money there when I go.

Encouraging:  my lovely bride's COVID test came back negative, so she'll be back to work on Thursday.  And it looks like I'll be heading back to work next week, at least for a couple of days.  Being paid to stay home and we're making a dent in the honey-do list, but I'd really rather be working.

My 91 yo step-father tested positive for Covid19. He is in the hospital. He lives with my 96 yo mother in an assisted living facility. She has not been tested yet and doesn’t really understand what is going on. They have not left their apartment since a week ago yesterday. 

• Sad 5

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

My 91 yo step-father tested positive for Covid19. He is in the hospital. He lives with my 96 yo mother in an assisted living facility. She has not been tested yet and doesn’t really understand what is going on. They have not left their apartment since a week ago yesterday. 

Hope they will be ok. I lost my 95 yo mother last year. For now, just make sure do not have direct contact with anyone beyond facility staff who use recommended precautions.