Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Thank you! Virginia Commonwealth University. I would disclose the year I am in, but with how small class sizes are, I'd rather not give any other information on a public forum. 

Nice. I know it’s expensive (80k per year at Univ of Iowa a couple years ago) and competitive. You have to do well on the DAT. So, good for you.   

Here’s a quick update on my step-father:

He is doing well so far and is being weaned off oxygen. Thank you for all your prayers!

• Like 8

Also, not to be alarmist, but if Kevin Bacon gets the virus, we’re all screwed.

(from Facebook)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

(from Facebook)

Story about Kevin Bacon. I went to a summer hockey camp in Toronto in 1969 that the Kevin Bacon also attended. For whatever reason, I always remembered that funny name (he was an obnoxious little boy) and once he became famous and eventually the whole 6 Degrees thing started up, I felt part of his fame. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

How’s Mom?  

We’re waiting for test results. But otherwise, she seems fine ... confused, but otherwise OK.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

We’re waiting for test results. But otherwise, she seems fine ... confused, but otherwise OK.

oh man... I am praying for you and your family. I am so sorry this is happening to you right now

And everyone else too... this is terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current situation.  They’re putting new siding on my residence. The HOA makes these decisions, not me.  Last year, they put on a new roof but I was able to leave.  I’m trapped and they’re pounding away for eight hours a day.  At least, they took lunch.  😳

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

(from Facebook)

By the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" rule, it now makes sense how the numbers are spiking. 

• Haha 1