Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Current situation.  They’re putting new siding on my residence. The HOA makes these decisions, not me.  Last year, they put on a new roof but I was able to leave.  I’m trapped and they’re pounding away for eight hours a day.  At least, they took lunch.  😳

It's like being on the bus with the battery isn't it? 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's like being on the bus with the battery isn't it? 

Except for the Mexican music they’re playing.
I don’t mind.  I’m learning some new songs. 😂 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Except for the Mexican music they’re playing. 

That reminds me of the this dumb intro video they made for us for day 1 of new hire classes. It has disco laser lights and starts out literally saying (in a gravely, overmiced tone) "The beat drops in 5...4...3...2...1." Literally the worst thing I've ever heard. It offends all 5 of my senses. But then we get to drink champagne at work and I feel better.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That reminds me of the this dumb intro video they made for us for day 1 of new hire classes. It has disco laser lights and starts out literally saying (in a gravely, overmiced tone) "The beat drops in 5...4...3...2...1." Literally the worst thing I've ever heard. It offends all 5 of my senses. But then we get to drink champagne at work and I feel better.

3 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Sounds like a Japanese game show. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2

The state has officially closed all of our schools as well as our surrounding states for the rest of the year.  Seniors may have their commencement in the late summer if this thing dies down.  Our faculty meeting via Zoom was sad.  We're setting up online learning for the rest of the year.  😷  

An 87 year old gentlemen with several health conditions one street over passed away after contracting the virus.  Getting to close to home now.   

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

By the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" rule, it now makes sense how the numbers are spiking. 

i'm a 3. i'm ####ed

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, JohnZ said:

How do you eat an elephant?

once all this is over it will still be chaotic as we all find 'normal' again, and I would be a betting man that the issue of salary/commission will become less of an issue for lenders especially if the housing market is gridlocked.  as for the new dentists hitting the market, sure the employers will have the upper hand picking and choosing who is more hungry for the jobs but remember you still have experience on your side. 

One bite at a time.

thought of you the other day, I saw a news article about dentists in PA having to shut down because new COVID19 regulations there require negative pressure treatment rooms. 

LOL, yeah, my wife said one crisis at a time :) I read some comments from some PA docs recently about that. It pretty much shut out most from practicing. 

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'll say this, I'm very happy I'm still in dental school where my only worry is finishing up requirements rather than worrying about how long my practice is about to shut down for or get eaten up by a DSO. Saying that, not sure whether we're still going to graduate on time anymore, rumor is that our state could implement a "no more non-essential medical treatment until September" guideline just like Oregon did in order to keep PPE for the essential task of caring for COVID-19 patients. 

Hope everything works out for you, stay away from the cavitron! 

I’ve been wondering about how the dental schools here have been handling it, especially with WREB coming up. The Governor put out a mandate, which was recently extended, that only medical procedures to avoid immediate severe consequences or preserve the patient’s life could be done. Violation could result n fines or even jail. (The state board even has a link to report people suspected of violating the order.) So, pretty much just endo or extractions. Good luck and stay safe!

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Got an email from my PA dentist that they can do “dental emergency’s” now. Not a lot of detail which has been the big shortcoming in the commonwealths response but they trying to keep up. All I really caught was if you your mouth is bleeding you can call your dentist

Here it’s limited to procedures to avoid serious, immediate consequences or preserve the patient’s life. So pain, trauma, infection. Not much else. (Definitely no cleanings or routine fillings.)

• Thanks 1