Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Nice. I know it’s expensive (80k per year at Univ of Iowa a couple years ago) and competitive. You have to do well on the DAT. So, good for you.   

I hating taking the DAT. I did great on the reading comp, well enough on the sciences and... let’s not talk about the math. 🙂 The licensing exam was even worse. (I lost 20lbs from the stress.) Boy am I glad those days are behind me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That reminds me of the this dumb intro video they made for us for day 1 of new hire classes. It has disco laser lights and starts out literally saying (in a gravely, overmiced tone) "The beat drops in 5...4...3...2...1." Literally the worst thing I've ever heard. It offends all 5 of my senses. But then we get to drink champagne at work and I feel better.

The art director got a margarita machine for the crew on the last Barney video I worked on. (The show was about to go into hiatus.) Actually, she got two— one with virgin drinks for the kids, and one with the good stuff for the rest of us. It was kept in the back, by the copier. (On the down low.) Even the camera operators were making copies that week!

• Haha 4

On 4/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, year1buick said:

I’ve been wondering about how the dental schools here have been handling it, especially with WREB coming up. The Governor put out a mandate, which was recently extended, that only medical procedures to avoid immediate severe consequences or preserve the patient’s life could be done. Violation could result n fines or even jail. (The state board even has a link to report people suspected of violating the order.) So, pretty much just endo or extractions. Good luck and stay safe!

Not very well lol. They have no idea what to do, they're currently petitioning for the D4s to be able to do mannequin boards so that they can graduate on time. As you can expect, no refunds being given on tuition, no time table for return, requirements and external rotations up in the air, and exams have been made open-book. The emergency clinic at the school was open for a couple weeks in March but even that has been shut down. With a stay at home order until June 10th in Virginia, not much these schools can really do. 

I'm glad the ADA and state governments have come out with very straightforward guidelines on what constitutes a dental emergency, I can imagine some dentists desperate to keep their practices running would have tried to find loopholes to treat patients without the guidelines in place. 

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’ve finished three books today and trust me it was a lot of coloring. 

Well, it does take serious concentration to stay within the lines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Well, it does take serious concentration to stay within the lines.

That’s no fun...  😛

Monday will have my first hearing aid consult over the phone and info via email. Problem is next appt is for a fitting and not much you can do over the phone with that.

Will pass one thing I asked for allergy sufferers. Read somewhere that it is not recommended that we spray our sinuses or use a neti pot as gives virus better chance to stick to sinuses or go further up. Asked and was told nothing confirmed either way but if on “maintenance” (not because of sinus infection) then hold off until more info found. Doctors are at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) and teaching hospital so should be up on things. Use this as you like.

Irony is Penn States big sports rival is Pitt and Univ of Pittsburgh Medical Center is testing a coronavirus vaccine. And my GP got her (yeah her) degree at UPMC. Hope that goes into encouragement 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

46 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some of these restrictions have provided major relief.  Our RoboCalls are down 85%.  Life is good!

Actually had 2 phone calls this week that were not robocalls. That’s total of 4 for the year... 🤮

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually had 2 phone calls this week that were not robocalls. That’s total of 4 for the year... 🤮

I get them constantly even now. Though probably down from 5+ per day to 2 a day.