Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

27 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

I volunteered to work instead of stay at home so those cast members who have been working full time can get a break and take care of themselves and their families.  So I gladly go back tomorrow morning and have a full week's schedule.  Unsure after that - Disney started furloughing staff and although we are considered essential, it will likely impact our operations too. 

Good luck John. Is essential set by Disney or the state? Have extended family doing essential jobs (PA decides what’s essential) such as manage gun department of sporting goods company and making dog food for Purina. One is construction worker and laid off because he was working on a school renovation. If he would have been on the crew building a new hospital he’d still be working.

• Sad 1

did some shopping today for older relatives...just dropped the stuff at their door and let em know it was there after i pulled away. they were ###### i wouldn't take their money but oh well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Good luck John. Is essential set by Disney or the state? Have extended family doing essential jobs (PA decides what’s essential) such as manage gun department of sporting goods company and making dog food for Purina. One is construction worker and laid off because he was working on a school renovation. If he would have been on the crew building a new hospital he’d still be working.

it is decided by the company, at least here in Floriduh. But security is a no-brainer - have to protect the magic!  getting ready to go in soon, and am anticipating getting pulled over somewhere along the way because of mandatory curfews.

FYI they still have not closed the beaches here.  still look like any typical summer day with everyone staking out their space side by side.

29 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

it is decided by the company, at least here in Floriduh. But security is a no-brainer - have to protect the magic!  getting ready to go in soon, and am anticipating getting pulled over somewhere along the way because of mandatory curfews.

FYI they still have not closed the beaches here.  still look like any typical summer day with everyone staking out their space side by side.

They need to issue you some flashing mouse ears to put on the roof of your car. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

They need to issue you some flashing mouse ears to put on the roof of your car. 

With a Donald Duck quacking Siren. I would so do that!

5 hours ago, JohnZ said:

Nephew has papers from his company saying he is essential in case he gets pulled over. Article up here says a woman in York, PA got fined for taking a joy ride during mandatory stay at home. Cops pulled her over for bad driving then fined her for being out. No idea if local cops or not. As for FL beaches well not getting into political side so will just say the other two word phrase (first is social distancing) I hear a lot... Darwin Awards

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

The biggest positive Intake from this period, it’s ability to become a learning experience. That’s encouraging!

Within the topic of digital intrusions into our homes, we MUST understand ‘sinister’ use of technology. Much of what comes unwanted to your device is deceitful.

I have learned it’s now possible to have your OWN NAME show-up as the person calling. It is possible to get an email indicating YOUR NAME as the original sender!

So . . . Let it be known, I didn’t send you that link to Asian women wanting to marry. I didn’t send you a message in support of more electronics in drum corps.

That explains it.  Woodwinds were proposed by hackers!

3 hours ago, JohnZ said:

With a Donald Duck quacking Siren. I would so do that!

oh no you could find more annoying Disney characters.

6 hours ago, JohnZ said:

technically we are banking, so we are essential. i have a signed letter on company letterhead stating this if i do have to go to the office for anything.

i went in for an hour one day last week as there was paperwork that needed done that can't be done electronically, and the office cleaning team was sweeping the floor hourly wiping evrything down if they saw any signs of life. i have no clue what exactly my bank branches are doing, i'm not going anywhere near them