Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have a signed letter on company letterhead stating this if i do have to go to the office for anything.

Just picturing Joe Friday saying “this looks legitimate” as he hands you back a piece of paper with Mickey Mouse at the top.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Guelph , Ont  Royalaires.... about any year after that movie came out....

Madison (Chris Metzger) also played it in 1974.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

You might need CPR if she plays Danny Boy.

I know, right?😂

Sister just texted and said Clash of the Corps is on FM. She gets Dish and I get regular cable and never the Twain shall meet (IOW I can’t watch)

edit: just found a way to watch online for free

edit2: forgot you know who is in this (sister calls him the wrinkly old guy with a goatee). Will wait until my dinner digests

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have a signed letter on company letterhead stating this if i do have to go to the office for anything.

Me too. Our business isn't essential, so most of our staff (the one who weren't laid off, that is) are working from home, but someone has to check the mail, deposit the checks, run payroll every week, and so forth. I actually wrote and signed the letters for the handful of other employees we deemed necessary to keep the lights on.

It's actually been busier than ever for my department, because for a few weeks, there's still a lot of things to take care of from the finance/h.r. end of things. This past week in particular has been busy as we generated and gathered the supporting documents needed to apply for the small business loans that were created by the CARES Act nine days ago. We're expecting to receive the official application link at any time. No one's sure how long it will take to get approval after that, though. And the guidance about what documents are required and what the loan can be used for have been shifting this way and that. Just today the association for certified accountants sent out a statement indicating they believe FICA is covered by the payroll loan option, but the banks don't seem to all agree on that point. That alone could change the size of our loan (if it's approved) by more than $50,000.

I hope DCI and/or the various corps have looked into those loans, some of which become forgivable in July to the degree that payroll has been maintained -- and which have a low interest rate even if not forgiven.

52 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sister just texted and said Clash of the Corps is on FM. She gets Dish and I get regular cable and never the Twain shall meet (IOW I can’t watch)

edit: just found a way to watch online for free

edit2: forgot you know who is in this (sister calls him the wrinkly old guy with a goatee). Will wait until my dinner digests

There's a way to watch it free? I found it on Amazon Video once but I wasn't about to pay for that much cringe.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

There's a way to watch it free? I found it on Amazon Video once but I wasn't about to pay for that much cringe.

Found something Called Tubi. Supposedly free but has ads. Haven’t tried it yet so far just loaded the app.

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Found something Called Tubi. Supposedly free but has ads. Haven’t tried it yet so far just loaded the app.

Yeah unfortunately it isn't available through LG tv's. I could stream it I suppose. Tubi is actually pretty darn good for a free service.

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yeah unfortunately it isn't available through LG tv's. I could stream it I suppose. Tubi is actually pretty darn good for a free service.

Lol have an LG also and sister and bro in law just bought one. Yeah I googled about LG and Tubi and no dice unless you buy other stuff. Little hard with stay at home order... loaded Tubi on phone to check and will try ye olde tablet tomorrow. Thing is about 6 years old but bigger screen than phone

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Every year Lancers go to Winchester VA for big Apple Blossom Festival parade. Checked to see latest and of course cancelled but with good spin “it’s not like we haven’t done this before. We cancelled during WWII also”.

Kicker is last few parade broadcasts are on line. So might watch a 2+ hour parade tonight or another one or.... Wondered what it looked like as view never changes for me except for horns up or horns down. 😛

thebloom.com