Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

RIP John Prine. Sad news, but a legacy to treasure.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

Britt had a JP music marathon last night. 

• Like 2

After I go to bed I get a text from an in law. Nothing like having cell phone next to you on nightstand being charged and DING! It does wake you  up 😳. In law inviting me to Easter brunch Sunday. Little “out there” in my book but then remember she has two kids still working and around other people. Annnnd last few days PA has had about 1500 new cases each day (almost 2000 in last 24 hours). Glad we don’t have mind reading texts cuz I was typing “no thank you I’ll continue to stay home” while thinking “what the #### are you thinking?!?!?!”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Nothing like having cell phone next to you on nightstand being charged and DING! It does wake you  up 😳.

Time to start using the airplane mode or if it’s an Apple phone 📲 turn it off.  Sleep well!

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Time to start using the airplane mode or if it’s an Apple phone 📲 turn it off.  Sleep well!

Yeah that or put the phone on something soft and set to vibrate mode. My problem is years back missed an emergency phone call so don’t want it to happen again because phone was off. Old PA German saying “once burned, twice shy”.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah that or put the phone on something soft and set to vibrate mode. My problem is years back missed an emergency phone call so don’t want it to happen again because phone was off. Old PA German saying “once burned, twice shy”.

After missing an important call five years ago, I always check no matter what the hour. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

After missing an important call five years ago, I always check no matter what the hour. 

Yep, the one time you hope you get a wrong number. Lol had a guy call me one night at 1am and his English was spotty. Called him back (caller ID before they could spoof that) and someone else answered

”someone just called me, tell him it’s a wrong number so he doesn’t call back”

”no one called from here”

”dude I have caller ID”

”oh that was my cousin... he’s drunk”

”ok just kept him away from the phone”

”ok”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

I encourage people to maintain social distance; so does the Ohio Dept. of Health with this cute little PSA:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Waiting for Maundy Thursday (which I never attended before lol) service to be live streamed from my church. When I got the larger internet ready tv few months back I NEVER thought it would be used for this. Lesson in never assuming anything.... 

Edit: great start to sermon (from newest minister) “the last few weeks is something filed under “things they don’t teach you in seminary””. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1