Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hoping to bring a smile or two here....

Well kind of stocked up. Bought liquid (not gel) hand sanitizer made by a PA distillery. And no Clorox wipes but got a brand that cleans cat litter boxes (go figure) that appears to do the same (aka Plan B). Was next to bottles of Clorox to do your own wipes and other sanitizers. 

And got coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee (any Jeff Dunham’s Peanut fans out there?). Well flavored cappuccino which food stores don’t carry. 

Kicker is distillery is named Fabers which used to be the family name. So have a Knick knack for the house when done. And... in big letters on the bottle “NOT FOR DRINKING”. Appears they are using the same bottles for rum and vodka (but no booze processing for now)  🤪

dude you could walk to Dunkin. the intersection isn't hat busy now LOL

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

dude you could walk to Dunkin. the intersection isn't hat busy now LOL

Yeah but I can’t walk thru the drive in.... (only way to get my caffeine and dough fix for now).

LMAO I can see the sign from the kitchen window 😛

17 hours ago, JohnZ said:

no, they are not, and neither are filter circumventions.  But instead of posing questions about them, REPORT THEM. That's a rule here too, BTW.

The moderators do not sit here 24/7 reading all of the posts.  we need your help.

Based on a blue panel meeting being conducted today, waiting to hear how and when Floriduh intends to start opening up for business again.  Internal grapevine has WDW opening sometime time between June and January...so we still just don't know.

Duly noted. But you can see by my reaction that I wasn't offended & I fully understand the guidelines.  I just don't see how one can avoid weaving a little "political banter" when discussing this COVID-19 event due to it's politicization by all parties involved.  And the fact that we happen to be in a major election season.  I think DCP should make an exception & allow at least one (1) thread that allows political insertion during this anomalous event. That is all.  Now I must go take my Coronavirus medication.        

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Duly noted. But you can see by my reaction that I wasn't offended & I fully understand the guidelines.  I just don't see how one can avoid weaving a little "political banter" when discussing this COVID-19 event due to it's politicization by all parties involved.  And the fact that we happen to be in a major election season.  I think DCP should make an exception & allow at least one (1) thread that allows political insertion during this anomalous event. That is all.  Now I must go take my Coronavirus medication.        

I do not share your opinion on political posts.  DCP was not/is not provided to serve as a political ideology weapon. People come here to discuss news, etc. related to Marching Music. Thousands of other Message Board opportunities exist to espouse whatever view point one desires, including many sites that are not moderated. I suggest some posters here just go to those sites.

There is NO politically-motivated message posted here than cannot be discredited in some way, with EQUALLY valid counterpoints.

Many who post here merely parrot what they have seen/heard elsewhere. Some are trying to “work this audience.” We don’t need that. It will be tough enough to keep this site going until the corps are performing again, without turning-off half of all users due to political garbage taking over.

Moderators here are doing the best they can. For the first time in 15 years, I have now used the “REPORT” button a few times and will continue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Experience proves allowing discussion of politics and religion devolves quickly and never ends well, without exception.  At one time we tried a Current Events subtopic in the General Off Topic forum to give members more latitude but that quickly augered into the ditch and had to be closed.  Granted, crossover discussion that impacts the activity is a little tricky and we have tried to support them as long as they remain relevant to 'the arts', which is why threads like this one are allowed to continue.  But as we see time and again, no matter how long we try to keep the discussion on track they all eventually get to the point where we have to call a timeout.

But to be honest, and at the direction of the owner of DCP,  we prefer to keep the forums focused on the activity and are perfectly fine relinquishing those kinds of CE discussions and traffic to Facebook, Reddit, etc. 

I'm pretty sure WDW reopening is leaning toward late June-early July. probably a very limited opening - besides the uncertainty of the pandemic, Disney will have to hire a lot of replacement workers for the ones who have gone elsewhere as well as all the kids from the College Program.

Talked to some cast members about connections to the marching arts - corps/guard/band folks who work and perform there.  pretty amazing how many connections there are.  we were even reminiscing about Future Corps.

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah but I can’t walk thru the drive in.... (only way to get my caffeine and dough fix for now).

LMAO I can see the sign from the kitchen window 😛

sure you can. i see people walk thru that drive thru all the time

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

As long as no one drives into my walk in shower.

Have a 90 year old neighbor who has a Mercury “boat” for a car and a 45 degree angle driveway. If he ever loses control and comes down straight that’s what I will have. 🙀

About the only good thing about shelter in place is his kids have been shopping for him and he’s not driving.

Edited by JimF-LowBari