Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 hours ago, Continental said:

When did I mention him?

I just took your "Too many Sharknados" comment and went from there even though you must have been thinking of something else.

Nearly a fifth of Wendy's U.S. restaurants are out of beef, analyst says.

I suppose that could be encouraging news to those who promote vegetarianism.

(And just after I posted this ... Edit: deleting the rest to avoid undue controversy.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had a safety sensor problem with my car and it went out again. Car drivable but no anti lock brakes, collision sensor, traction control, etc. Will wait until my next oil change to go in. Due for the change in few hundred miles which means I’ll be scheduling a few months from now..... 🙄

Dont put many miles on when food store is 2 miles away..... 😷

My tags are now expired because my state, despite telling everyone to stay home, still requires you to get in your car and drive to get an emissions test, touch the same metal door handle on the booth and the same credit card reader that everyone else has touched, before they will renew your registration.  Taking my chances that when I finally come out, I can make it to the testing site before I get pulled over.   

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(And just after I posted this, I saw that someone today in Wisconsin argued that COVID-19 is no big deal because it only affects meat-packing workers and not "regular folks". This comment was made by someone working remotely who seems to have no intention of going back to work in person any time soon. As I said before, the real message of too many pushing the "open up" narrative is: "You should get back to work, lazy bum, to make life easier for me while I stay home." It's also pretty wild that in Wisconsin of all places, where the pro football team is named for meat packers, those workers would be described as second-class citizens.)

Nowhere did the judge did call anyone second class citizens.  As should be obvious to anyone without a political agenda, she was merely distinguishing their environment from more typical ones that are less subject to the spread of COVID, in response to an attorney impliedly arguing that what happened in that environment would be representative of everywhere.  

Please just stop with the cheap shots.  It isn’t helping anyone in any healthy way.  

Edited by skevinp
Removed the nice hamburger lady from the quote. She didn’t need to get caught in the crossfire.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Nearly a fifth of Wendy's U.S. restaurants are out of beef, analyst says.

I suppose that could be encouraging news to those who promote vegetarianism.

(And just after I posted this, I saw that someone today in Wisconsin argued that COVID-19 is no big deal because it only affects meat-packing workers and not "regular folks". This comment was made by someone working remotely who seems to have no intention of going back to work in person any time soon. As I said before, the real message of too many pushing the "open up" narrative is: "You should get back to work, lazy bum, to make life easier for me while I stay home." It's also pretty wild that in Wisconsin of all places, where the pro football team is named for meat packers, those workers would be described as second-class citizens.)

NM.  So much for encouragement.

Edited by Terri Schehr

Just got a text that a local flea market will be open this weekend. Place “recommends” social distancing and masks but only real safety change is anyone needs the main office you go to a window instead of walking in. But will have hand sanitizer stations.

Gonna be interesting as county is not going to go to yellow light (partial reopening) status and how the (cluster) #### is a flea market an essential business. Looking forward to seeing pictures the next day.

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh c’mon I was going to say something about the Detroit (originally Fort Wayne Zollner) Pistons. Another team name taken from a business....

Good to see you post. Missing you and weaklefthander. Anymore you don’t hear from someone you wonder 

hey splurging tonight and ordering out: pay and tip online and then drive to strip mall (and watch the people parked at the booze store waiting for stuff to come out). Two steps inside the door is a bookcase with your stuff bagged and ready to go. Hardly see the employees and biggest risk is grabbing the front door 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Spelling Zollner lol

46 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Nowhere did the [person] did call anyone second class citizens.

Edit: in the spirit of comity, I'm going to drop this and move on.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wrong.

Edit: Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Cheers!

Edited by N.E. Brigand

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh this stopped being the encouragement thread a few days ago. Now it’s the new COVID-19 catch all thread, just like all the previously closed COVID-19 threads.