Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

today i encouraged people not to ask stupid questions in a zoom sales meeting that had nothing to do with the topic and would have made it last forever.....in my own charming way

Been there ... done that ... nobody gave me a T-Shirt.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Catch anyone else camping out at Dizzy World? 

And think a lot of people in places of responsibility are getting worn out and stressed over loosening the stay at home orders. Know I would NOT want to be the person to say “start opening” not knowing how bad it might affect people’s health and lives. Especially with the amount of crap they get either way. Willing to concede more than a few foot in mouth episodes or words that could be taken more than one way. 

on topic: PA went below 900 new cases first time since ??? Deaths still up there but 20+ counties still on track to partially reopen Friday

Contrary to the news reports he wasn’t camping.  I heard He’s a regular intruder who likes to post his exploits. Got caught pretty quick this time. 

I say June 1 for us if everything goes well in Shanghai 

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

today i encouraged people not to ask stupid questions in a zoom sales meeting that had nothing to do with the topic and would have made it last forever.....in my own charming way

I've been on calls with people who asked the same thing.

Unless the topic of conversation turns towards how brilliant their children are or some other topic of conversation they feel suits their personal interests better. 

My ex boss would complain all the time - unless the subject matter was about her.   Then it was okay. 

Edited by Continental

Well last month my sis in law invited me up for Easter dinner.... ahhh NO! Now just got an invite for Mother’s Day dinner. I did think “mother” but there was another word after it.... Nice to be thought of BUT... Maybe if they put a plate out in the middle of the yard and they stay waaaaay over there but not gonna work with a 3 year old. 😷🤯🙄🤬😥

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2020 at 1:03 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Nearly a fifth of Wendy's U.S. restaurants are out of beef, analyst says.

I suppose that could be encouraging news to those who promote vegetarianism.

(And just after I posted this ... Edit: deleting the rest to avoid undue controversy.)

For the record, your post pre-edit was spot on. 

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well last month my sis in law invited me up for Easter dinner.... ahhh NO! Now just got an invite for Mother’s Day dinner. I did think “mother” but there was another word after it.... Nice to be thought of BUT... Maybe if they put a plate out in the middle of the yard and they stay waaaaay over there but not gonna work with a 3 year old. 😷🤯🙄🤬😥

Encouragement: might try to set up a time for a outside social distancing (stand away from each other) visit if weather is nicer new week. Might have problem setting good time as bro in law just went back to work (more encouragement). 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Slow night Jim if it's just you and me on DCP.  We best behave ourselves because maybe the mod's names aren't listed below.

Just you buddy as I’m going to catch some shut eye.....

And John Z and I have met face to face so he knows what I look like 😥😆