Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

On 5/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Been there ... done that ... nobody gave me a T-Shirt.

i got threatened by management LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i got threatened by management LOL

Hey come on over here and say that... 😜

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey come on over here and say that... 😜

well for you looking up, it may seem like i am 6 feet away

• Haha 1

Word of advice to all.... last 6 or so weeks been driving about twice a week for distances of 1-2 miles. This morning car would not start due to battery. Driving for a few minutes each time was not enough to allow the battery to recharge. 😫

Just got back from drive to local airport as had to drive 45 minutes to allow all the technology to completely reboot. At least it crapped out in the driveway.

If there is thunder later it’s my former auto mechanic father looking down and beotching at me for not thinking about this... 🤬🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Word of advice to all.... last 6 or so weeks been driving about twice a week for distances of 1-2 miles. This morning car would not start due to battery. Driving for a few minutes each time was not enough to allow the battery to recharge.

With my luck, I will get pulled over, ticketed for "non-essential travel", and then will not be able to restart my car.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

With my luck, I will get pulled over, ticketed for "non-essential travel", and then will not be able to restart my car.

My sister and I were laughing about that. “Honest officer I’m rebooting my computer”. Had someone in county below me get written up for that. Lady who got pulled over said it was a mental health drive and she didn’t stop anywhere. She thought she was ok to drive for that and cop didn’t. Rule was unclear so judge dismissed. 
Originally pulled over for brake light out..

Years back battery died at supermarket. Walked mile and a half home with bags of perishables and called for a jump. Had to tell the guy to wait until I walked back.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Years back battery died at supermarket. Walked mile and a half home with bags of perishables and called for a jump. Had to tell the guy to wait until I walked back.

Most of the local taxi drivers here have a battery charger in their trunk.  It cost $20, but it was very helpful at times. 

It was really convenient once when we had a snow storm and I saw that snow removal signs were posted in my area - and had very little time to shovel my car out on the road before the snow plows arrived (and towed your car away to the tune of $200).  I turned the key only to hear the "click, click, click."  I had roadside service with the manufacture, but when I called them the wait was 24 hours minimum. 

Edited by Continental

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Word of advice to all.... last 6 or so weeks been driving about twice a week for distances of 1-2 miles. This morning car would not start due to battery. Driving for a few minutes each time was not enough to allow the battery to recharge. 😫

Just got back from drive to local airport as had to drive 45 minutes to allow all the technology to completely reboot. At least it crapped out in the driveway.

If there is thunder later it’s my former auto mechanic father looking down and beotching at me for not thinking about this... 🤬🤯

a strong case for having a battery conditioner.  I have one on my corvette since I don't get to drive it near as often as I should, especially this next two weeks as we deal with the semiannual Florida plague of Love Bugs.

Disney Springs is opening next week, but only the non-Disney shops and restaurants initially.  No news on the parks opening yet.  there is strong talk now that the NBA will play out their season here at the ESPN Sports Complex, sans fans.  cautiously optimistic - still unsure where this virus will take us.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Next time, borrow a neighbor's kids bicycle.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1