Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Next time, borrow a neighbors kid bicycle.

Man could I get some speed as I live in a place called Camp Hill and live at the top of said hill.... 🤭

6 hours ago, JohnZ said:

a strong case for having a battery conditioner.  I have one on my corvette since I don't get to drive it near as often as I should, especially this next two weeks as we deal with the semiannual Florida plague of Love Bugs.

Disney Springs is opening next week, but only the non-Disney shops and restaurants initially.  No news on the parks opening yet.  there is strong talk now that the NBA will play out their season here at the ESPN Sports Complex, sans fans.  cautiously optimistic - still unsure where this virus will take us.

My son and his wife live in Orlando, and they have annual passes. They have heard through the grapevine that when the parks open it might just be for Florida residents. They don't want people from states with a lot of cases flocking to the area.

They heard about Disney Springs. speculating that restaurants with outdoor seating and quick service spots may be first.

today i encouraged myself to stay off of my work computer and celebrate my birthday

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

My son and his wife live in Orlando, and they have annual passes. They have heard through the grapevine that when the parks open it might just be for Florida residents. They don't want people from states with a lot of cases flocking to the area.

They heard about Disney Springs. speculating that restaurants with outdoor seating and quick service spots may be first.

that is one of the strong circulating rumors but as of now Disney has been silent on their plan.  the other was that it would be admission by reservation only.  JMO but we are still a long way from opening day as there has been no activity to stock, clean or reconfigure inside the parks at all, just routine maintenance and security. although the parks look great and
I doubt it would take more than two weeks to open the doors. I know the furloughed workers are anxious to return too -  the UC system has failed miserably here, and almost a month after being furloughed most have yet to get a UC or CARES check. many can't even complete the application process.

Probably correct about Disney Springs and Universal Citywalk but we have heard that the third party retail businesses will be open too

23 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Word of advice to all.... last 6 or so weeks been driving about twice a week for distances of 1-2 miles. This morning car would not start due to battery. Driving for a few minutes each time was not enough to allow the battery to recharge

Well checked my paperwork and battery is 4 years old which probably has a lot to do with el foldo. Moral: if cars are going to be sitting and not be driven a lot, keep an eye on battery

edit: new battery in and got cappuccino pod fix at Ollie’s. Doesn’t have to be really good just “mass quantities “ (Coneheads  reference). And got an Ollie’s bobble head doll for a laugh... texted people “now THIS is a conversation piece” 😜

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 hours ago, Continental said:

Most of the local taxi drivers here have a battery charger in their trunk.  It cost $20, but it was very helpful at times. 

It was really convenient once when we had a snow storm and I saw that snow removal signs were posted in my area - and had very little time to shovel my car out on the road before the snow plows arrived (and towed your car away to the tune of $200).  I turned the key only to hear the "click, click, click."  I had roadside service with the manufacture, but when I called them the wait was 24 hours minimum. 

I have a small 5 watt solar panel attached to the battery which serves nicely to top up the battery during the day, if parked outside, of course.  No need for a battery conditioner with the solar panel and its portable with no need for a 120 v power source.  Of course, booster cables are standard equipment for cars in GWN.😷

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

today i encouraged myself to stay off of my work computer and celebrate my birthday

A belated HBD

5 hours ago, JohnZ said:

that is one of the strong circulating rumors but as of now Disney has been silent on their plan.  the other was that it would be admission by reservation only.  JMO but we are still a long way from opening day as there has been no activity to stock, clean or reconfigure inside the parks at all, just routine maintenance and security. although the parks look great and
I doubt it would take more than two weeks to open the doors. I know the furloughed workers are anxious to return too -  the UC system has failed miserably here, and almost a month after being furloughed most have yet to get a UC or CARES check. many can't even complete the application process.

Probably correct about Disney Springs and Universal Citywalk but we have heard that the third party retail businesses will be open too

The admission by reservation requirement is happening here in NJ at Great Adventure in Jackson when it opens. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

I have a small 5 watt solar panel attached to the battery which serves nicely to top up the battery during the day, if parked outside, of course.  No need for a battery conditioner with the solar panel and its portable with no need for a 120 v power source.  Of course, booster cables are standard equipment for cars in GWN.😷

Had to check your profile to get GWN.... can dig the backup starting source... yow..

2 hours ago, Bob P. said:

we had several support vehicles outfitted with solar chargers down here in Floriduh. worked great to keep the batteries topped off, and may have contributed to them lasting a little longer