Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i did that when the closed the one by your place a week before i moved into my office that i could have walked to the Wendys from

Lol hope you sent one to the Holy Hilton as think they had it closed so they could use it for parking. Which reminds me.... thought we were supposed to get a replacement Wendy’s off Erford on BC/BS land. Hawaiian Poke (Hawaiian Puke), Starbucks and Sheetz needs some competition 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 5/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, E3D said:

It was a political post in a place where I was lead to believe politics are disallowed. Only for certain opinions I suppose. 

What is most depressing is that this site DCP along with DCI - many or most corps ,,,, will not be allowed to march this year and next if you take what some states are keeping in place.  Some here will keep on cheering  for a complete shut down, or even a limited shut down. All the while the activity will die with this overreaction. 

probably in that poll there is one that supports no school next fall,  that will do drum corps and marching bands 0 favors. The traffic on this site is basically fans of the marching arts, the activity is in danger and We see folks post polls. 

You’re too funny

On 5/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Just me or anyone else really notice people not wearing masks correctly? Mostly not over nose like wearer hasn’t noticed. But... stopped for fast food lunch while out and all 3 workers not into masks. One hanging off of face, one didn’t have one and last one around the neck... 😤

Wearing a mask for me has become second nature now after wearing one every day for the past 3 years. I can’t help but just shake my head when I see someone not even covering their nose with the mask, I thought people were smarter than that but I overestimate average intelligence. Maybe we need to get more people to watch Grey’s Anatomy 

• Thanks 3

On 5/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, HockeyDad said:

I haven’t thought about this much (refer to previous post concerning my attention span), but does testing/contact tracing actually work when you’ve reached the point of community spread?  With community spread i.e. coming at everyone from all directions,  it may just be a very large exercise in futility. Not saying all is lost. Not saying that at all. Just that maybe plan B is what we should be doing versus plan A. Plan B being something along the lines of - isolate the vulnerable, keep working hard on treatments and vaccine, slowly open things back up for the under-60 crowd. Just a thought, don’t be mean to me. 😘

I’d be surprised if we’ve reached the point of community spread, unless you’re just referring to certain cities/areas. With multiple strains of the virus out there, I’m not sure how much gaining immunity from one strain does for being immune to others. Anyone have insight on that?

if each strain is acting differently on people’s immune system’s, then testing and contact tracing is still the answer. But you definitely do raise a good point if the different strains are all the same. Interestingly enough, the NBA has come out and said they aren’t getting back in action until they’re capable of testing players pretty much every game 

Wow just read something that gave me pause. PA moving counties to yellow status and will announce counties for next week. Criteria is having less than 50 new cases per 100k for past 14 days. My county is current at 52 but if you take out nursing home cases it drops to 24. 😳.  Might be the reason why my zip code has over 100 cases for population around 9500 (over 1%) as have 3 nursing homes. Counties moving forward is good but more I read about nursing homes just gut retching. Hope this gives a push to improve them in the future 

• Like 1

Today I am encouraged to say that my wife and I are celebrating 38 years of married bliss! 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Today I am encouraged to say that my wife and I are celebrating 38 years of married bliss! 

Seems like only 5 minutes...................................................................underwater!

all kidding aside, congrats!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Congrats. The Ayatollah and I are approaching 30 years. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Congrats from me also. Earlier this week would have been 30 but glad for time we had. 

• Sad 1