Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

And how many years have you two been married????

:dancin:

Happy Anniversary!!!!

I said, “Today I am encouraged to say that my wife and I are celebrating 38 years of married bliss!” I should have said, “My wife encouraged me to say we are celebrating  38 years of married bliss today!” 😂

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lobby business by appointment only? Haven’t looked at other places but that’s what my Credit Union does. Only time I ever go in is for safe deposit box or run a ton of change in the machine. 

if they can handle through drive thru first they will. 

My nephew is graduating from high school today. The school is streaming the event on Youtube. What they've done is assign kids into groups of five, each of whom is assigned to a ten-minute wnidow during the day, starting at 8 this morning and going for another couple hours yet. In each window, at two-minute intervals, each senior walks across a stage to get his or her diploma from his parents, who are the only other people on stage besides the principal announcing the names from the lectern. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My nephew is graduating from high school today. The school is streaming the event on Youtube. What they've done is assign kids into groups of five, each of whom is assigned to a ten-minute wnidow during the day, starting at 8 this morning and going for another couple hours yet. In each window, at two-minute intervals, each senior walks across a stage to get his or her diploma from his parents, who are the only other people on stage besides the principal announcing the names from the lectern. 

Those kids in the high school band gotta have some serious chops to play Pomp And Circumstance for 6 hours straight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey Jeff how long have the tents been set up in front of Holy Hilton’s Urgent Care? Had to get a Dunkin fix and first time I have seen the parking lot since the crap storm started. Guessing it’s for Coronavirus checking and good to see it. 
For everyone else Holy Hilton is our name for the local hospital. Last I saw it was going to get Remdevsir(sp) and that’s a good sign too.

Other good sign is haven’t heard of anyone flipping out or being a Richard Noggin over wearing masks in stores. About 1 in 10 or so not wearing correctly (usually nose not covered) but no fights locally.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 5/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Nephews HS commencement last year was 1 hr 46 minutes for 400 or so. Guessing one kid per 3-5 seconds as at the same moment one had name announced, one was walking to get diploma and one getting diploma. Held in Raleigh convention center and think every school in the county had it there. So each day was get in, do it, get out for next group like a freaking assembly line about 5 times over.

Less than 2 hour ceremony and almost 8 hour drive each way.... 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey Jeff how long have the tents been set up in front of Holy Hilton’s Urgent Care? Had to get a Dunkin fix and first time I have seen the parking lot since the crap storm started. Guessing it’s for Coronavirus checking and good to see it. 
For everyone else Holy Hilton is our name for the local hospital. Last I saw it was going to get Remdevsir(sp) and that’s a good sign too.

Other good sign is haven’t heard of anyone flipping out or being a Richard Noggin over wearing masks in stores. About 1 in 10 or so not wearing correctly (usually nose not covered) but no fights locally.

i believe it went up the week everything started shutting down. since we are encouraged to avoid the office, i'm at best going in once a week and only for a few hours at that.

tomorrow i leave the county for the first time since 3/7 to take care packages/goody bags to my banks in York County. I haven't seen any of my teams since the first week of March

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

A similar process is being done at my daughters HS.  They are taking small groups over 3 days, giving them the chance to have a live graduation.  They lost everything else but at least they get a live stage walk in front of a few classmates.

• Like 1

Here are two interesting side effects of social distancing and stay-at-home orders: (1) In California, deaths from automobile accidents have dropped 84%. (2) Organ donor programs say they are struggling because there are fewer auto fatalities.

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here are two interesting side effects of social distancing and stay-at-home orders: (1) In California, deaths from automobile accidents have dropped 84%. (2) Organ donor programs say they are struggling because there are fewer auto fatalities.

Speaking of driving and coronavirus.

Church has online service and one minister does a kids sermon with a wolf puppet that goes over his forearm. Other than bad ventriloquism some of the minister/wolf “conversations” are a scream. With coronavirus the talks have been changes from a (not so bright) wolfs point of view. Other week wolf was complaining he can’t find “deer jerky” like before. Minister explained people staying home more and less “deer jerky” on the roads. Just wondered what the more conservative congregation members thought when they realized they were talking about road kill. 

This week was a complaint about “those big yellow things came back... I hate them.. I wanna bite them”. It was then explained that the big yellow things were bulldozers and it meant that construction workers were going back to work. “And don’t bite the big yellow things... you’ll only hurt your teeth” 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1