Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 hours ago, supersop said:

i've finally decided to use this thread ... as it was intended.

I need encouragement.  13 days ago ... I quit smoking.  First I started using a patch and vaping to get by.  Now I'm just vaping.  I want to wind down to where I'm not putting Nicotine in my body at all.  I Lost my challenge twice so far.  I bought a pack on day 3.  Smoked them all in 24 hours.  I bought another pack on day 8 ... took me 3 days to get rid of them.  I'm craving the real thing really bad ............................................................

Need some encouragement!

You were in Drum Corps.  You can do this!  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, supersop said:

I need encouragement.  13 days ago ... I quit smoking.  First I started using a patch and vaping to get by.  Now I'm just vaping.  I want to wind down to where I'm not putting Nicotine in my body at all.  I Lost my challenge twice so far.  I bought a pack on day 3.  Smoked them all in 24 hours.  I bought another pack on day 8 ... took me 3 days to get rid of them.  I'm craving the real thing really bad ............................................................

Need some encouragement!

I am overtly Christian and I believe in the power of prayer. I have prayed (and will continue to pray) that you will overcome this addiction. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Today my county and bunch of others (forget number) moved to yellow status. Next Friday 8 more will go to yellow and expected rest of state (eastern edge) will go to yellow Friday after that. Also next Friday, 17 of the boonies counties will go to green. Of course events will be monitored and things could change.

still waiting to see what DE does....i have a house rented for the 20th-27th of June and right now they have the order anyone out of state must self quarantine for 14 days when arriving...bring our own food, can't get take out....and it is supposed to end the 15th. i need to know sooner than later, as a huge amount of family is coming along, and we need to be prepared.

5 hours ago, supersop said:

Need some encouragement!

hang tough. i still struggle with not chewing

On 5/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, supersop said:

Need some encouragement!

I did it your way.  May 5, 2014, after 2 years of vaping with a controllable vape pen.  I dialed down the "hit" and bought one-degree less nicotine in the liquid each time I went.  One day it dawned on me that I was just sucking down vapor with no nicotine and I just put the vape pen down.  Never touched another cig.

I can't express to you how much differently BETTER your life will be once you quit.  In all regards but, personally, walking past the smokers outside offices and social settings is the most gratifying because I WAS them.  I LIVED that life.  I slayed that beast and cut the addiction.

You can, too.  It's just that simple:  YOU CAN, TOO.  Keep going.  Don't give up.  Keep trying.  Never stop trying.

And never admonish yourself for cracking.  Simply, one foot in front of the other; START AGAIN.

You can do this.  You know you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I did it your way.  May 5, 2014, after 2 years of vaping with a controllable vape pen.  I dialed down the "hit" and bought one-degree less nicotine in the liquid each time I went.  One day it dawned on me that I was just sucking down vapor with no nicotine and I just put the vape pen down.  Never touched another cig.

I can't express to you how much differently BETTER your life will be once you quit.  In all regards but, personally, walking past the smokers outside offices and social settings is the most gratifying because I WAS them.  I LIVED that life.  I slayed that beast and cut the addiction.

You can, too.  It's just that simple:  YOU CAN, TOO.  Keep going.  Don't give up.  Keep trying.  Never stop trying.

And never admonish yourself for cracking.  Simply, one foot in front of the other; START AGAIN.

You can do this.  You know you can.

Good job man. Your actions improved your health significantly. I quit smoking over 25 years ago. My father (heavy smoker) passed away from a massive heart attack...I haven't smoked a cigarette since.  

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, supersop said:

Need some encouragement!

You got this! It may take multiple attempts but you’ll eventually become a non-smoker. I tried numerous times and it finally worked for me on 12/24/18! A Christmas present to myself. I just guess I was ready. Going cold turkey works best I’ve found. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, supersop said:

Need some encouragement!

After a number of tries and having several examples of reasons to quit:  Dad on a respirator, mother with emphysema, cost of smoking 1-1/2 packs/day, smelling like a cigarette all the time and Brooke Shields commercial “kissing a smoker is like licking an ash tray”, along with a doctor saying if I was still smoking when I turned 42, it may be too late to see improvement, I quit.  Cold turkey on April 1, 1987. Never touched another cigarette.  You can do it.  Don’t stop trying.  Your friends and family will appreciate it.  You will inspire others to quit.  It’s dumb to smoke cigarettes, and add to that; vape or chew. All the best in your efforts.

• Like 2

To those of you who have quit smoking - well done!  I have a question for you. Does the desire to smoke also go away with time?  Or is it always kind of there somewhere?  

• Like 1